eyebrow threading

ClaireAvril

i loveeee threading.. here its about 3 dollars at most indian beauty parlours. its amazing.. east indians have a certain way of shaping their eyebrows and I love it... they like it thicker and its always soooo clean after.

I've heard that waxing can stretch the skin which is not good.
Threading is painful at first.. but you get used to it.. just like a brazillian wax if you do it often......
smiles.gif

I used to get the little bumps ash talks about.. so after I do the threading i go straight home and clean my face and wipe my brows with rupping alcohol or toner to clean it up.
Thanks for putting that how to video up.. I just tried it and it works! yayyy. May try it when I can't get to the beauty parlour.

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC 101
threading really thins them out!

really? my eyebrows are the thickest, fastest growing ones ever!
I would be glad if hair grows back thinner (and slower!!!)...

AlliSwan

I went to a great Indian salon a couple months ago and the woman did such an excellent job. It definitely took longer (and therefore felt more painful to me than waxing) but the redness dissipated faster than with waxing, there were no ingrowns, and I liked the look better. However, the salon is about 25 minutes from me (and is the only one in my area!). So I watched those two video tuts and gave it a try myself. I am ecstatic with the results! Much less painful doing it myself, the redness was gone within an HOUR, and I'm even more excited that I will never have to go to a salon again!

Ruby_Woo

Ah! I am so torn now, I really wanna try threading. I've seen how my customers have super CLEAN shaped eyebrows. But at the same time, I don't have a high tolerance to pain. I guess I'll try it once and see how it goes.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC 101
I totally agree with ash,that threadng is painful painful painful!my eye brows are perfect with waxing and my eyebrows grows thicker and beautiful with waxing, when threading really thins them out!

I did it once...NO MORE!! it hurt like hell and my brows were thinned out to much and she messed me up...so that did it for me...Back to waxing and plucking...has not done me wrong in 15 years ...

Looks beautiful on most people I have seen...But for the cost and pain..I am not having it....My tolerance for pain is little to none existant.

MiCHiE

Sounds like my experience, Tish. I did it once, too and the lady thinned mine out too much. I already have a nice arch and shape, and just needed a cleanup. I did notice that the lady who came in after me was apparently a regular and she almost told her, hair-by-hair what she wanted. That's just too much work for me. I'm back to plucking.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
i loveeee threading.. here its about 3 dollars at most indian beauty parlours. its amazing.. east indians have a certain way of shaping their eyebrows and I love it... they like it thicker and its always soooo clean after.

I've heard that waxing can stretch the skin which is not good.
Threading is painful at first.. but you get used to it.. just like a brazillian wax if you do it often......
smiles.gif

I used to get the little bumps ash talks about.. so after I do the threading i go straight home and clean my face and wipe my brows with rupping alcohol or toner to clean it up.
Thanks for putting that how to video up.. I just tried it and it works! yayyy. May try it when I can't get to the beauty parlour.

$3 .....well you don't want to visit the shops here...you can barely get one broken nail fixed for $3 here...WOW

Great for the skin stretching...Thats a mini face lift everytime I go then
yahoo.gif

Ruby_Woo

Ok Im scared now, I don't want my brows thinned out! I dunno if you guys have seen my brows, but they are pretty thick and it took me a while to get them that way. My brow lady pretty much made me grow them out and then she shaped them! AH! ok, man, I dunno.. I wanna go cus its only $5 but I dont wanna mess up my brows!
ssad.gif

chocolategoddes

I'm currently trying to learn to do this for myself because I trust NO ONE with my brows. The technique is pretty simple, it just takes a bit of practice.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
GlamYOURUs
So does fewer hair really grow back? When do you start to realize or get effects? I go about once a month to get my eyebrows and face and she keeps telling me that soon I should be coming like every month and a half to 2 months.

It does grow back but very slowly. You notice it after several threading sessions. Well I think it depends on how thick your hair is really. So she could be right. The root of the hair eventually becomes weaker.

chiquilla_loca

It's weird, my pain threshold is high, however when i got my eyebrows threaded it felt like she was using razor blades! I used to get my eyebrows waxed all the time since I was 16, it hurts like hell, but it wears off quickly. Someone botched mines while waxing and rmoved the tail off my left eyebrow and since then I've been trying to keep them under control by plucking them.
In my local mall there are Indian ladies who do it for like $15-20, I may try it again.

Julie5

I live in San Jose, ca is there any good place to go for threading? I see it in the mall but question if they are any good. I need my eyebrows done sooo bad. I almost went to benefit brow bar to have them wax but wasnt sure cause they need to be shaped to. I have waited to long. Any suggestions???

BloopBloop

after my first time threading, i never went back to waxing. if the person waxing you accidentally puts wax where it shouldnt go, theres no saving it.... but threading, my brows come out perfect every time... i love my threading spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I'm currently trying to learn to do this for myself because I trust NO ONE with my brows. The technique is pretty simple, it just takes a bit of practice.

you are brave!!!

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
I live in San Jose, ca is there any good place to go for threading? I see it in the mall but question if they are any good. I need my eyebrows done sooo bad. I almost went to benefit brow bar to have them wax but wasnt sure cause they need to be shaped to. I have waited to long. Any suggestions???

Are you talking about the little stand in Oakridge mall? I wouldn't go there, they don't look too sanitary or experienced :c

pat

So, I finally got my brows threaded and it's so painless and very nice! The previous lady who waxed my brows made them uneven... so I had no choice. I've been getting my brows waxed for almost 8 years and I don't think I'll do it again haha..

This was my first time getting my brows threaded and I'm for sure going back to her. I grew my brows out for about two weeks and the lady who did it cleaned it so well, I was AMAZED! I wish I took a before picture but I swear it's so nice. hahah..
greengrin.gif

She also did my upper lips and it didn't hurt one bit! I actually like it better than waxing because sometimes when I get it done I get some scarring and stuff.

So ladies and gents, give threading a try! It's so worth it!

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
So, I finally got my brows threaded and it's so painless and very nice! The previous lady who waxed my brows made them uneven... so I had no choice. I've been getting my brows waxed for almost 8 years and I don't think I'll do it again haha..

This was my first time getting my brows threaded and I'm for sure going back to her. I grew my brows out for about two weeks and the lady who did it cleaned it so well, I was AMAZED! I wish I took a before picture but I swear it's so nice. hahah..
greengrin.gif

She also did my upper lips and it didn't hurt one bit! I actually like it better than waxing because sometimes when I get it done I get some scarring and stuff.

So ladies and gents, give threading a try! It's so worth it!

where did u get yours done at??

Julie5

so how is benefit waxing then since you went there? Do they do a great job at shapping them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Are you talking about the little stand in Oakridge mall? I wouldn't go there, they don't look too sanitary or experienced :c