Eyebrows on Fleek or Nah? Are Eyebrow Extensions Next For You?

Candycoatedclos

First, let me
th_roll1.gif
for that article title. Sometimes, I have to laugh at social media but I had to do it!​
Anyway, today I wanted to talk about eyebrow extensions.​
Last night, I was scrolling down my Instagram feed and I came across this post by Painted Woman by Kameco showcasing their new line of luxury eyebrows?​
[Image: Painted Woman by Kameco Instagram Page]​
Wait...a luxury eyebrow line? Is this what's really going on in the industry now? I can't imagine what they mean by a luxury eyebrow line.
Is the hair made of synthetic fibers?​
Are they made of real human hair? Were newborn babies skinned for their obnoxiously full eyebrows just seconds upon entering the world? - Maybe I'll pay for them then -
2cents.gif
All jokes aside, I am interested in learning more about this and seeing how natural they look. I read that these were specifically created for Cancer & Hair loss patients which is an amazing cause and idea. However, I'd love to see how these would work for the general public. I love my Anastasia brow wiz pencil but sometimes I wish my eyebrows would just get it together and fill themselves in properly. There's always one spot that refuses to grow in no matter how much Biotin I take!​
What do you think? Are you anxious to try out some new eyebrow extensions? Let me know!​

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I saw those as well. I have to say they look pretty good, I wonder how they look when worn. It's such a great idea for cancer patients and everyone else who lost their brows.
(And I assume it's natural hair, synthetic hair would probably look less natural.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycoatedclos
All jokes aside, I am interested in learning more about this and seeing how natural they look. I read that these were specifically created for Cancer & Hair loss patients which is an amazing cause and idea. However, I'd love to see how these would work for the general public. I love my Anastasia brow wiz pencil but sometimes I wish my eyebrows would just get it together and fill themselves in properly. There's always one spot that refuses to grow in no matter how much Biotin I take!​

Same here. I tried using castor oil on mine, but I feel like it wasn't helping. I guess my brows will never be on fleek.
girlhaha.gif

Candycoatedclos

Same here. I tried using castor oil on mine, but I feel like it wasn't helping. I guess my brows will never be on fleek.
girlhaha.gif
Lmao I can't even with that! #Eyebrowsonfleek
rofl.gif

I never even thought to try castor oil on mines. My right eyebrow always looks good but then my left one is the evil wicked twin sister! I hope they post more pictures showcasing them on people. Absolutely love that they're made for cancer patients in mind!!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't think I would. I don't need them, personally, as my brows are generally full(ish). But I do see how they'd appeal to cancer patients, or someone with alopecia, or someone with very sparse brows.

Vineetha

The original post mentions that this was done for cancer patients or people who have issues with brow hair!! Though it looked ridiculous at first it makes good sense in context!!

Spectacular

The original post mentions that this was done for cancer patients or people who have issues with brow hair!! Though it looked ridiculous at first it makes good sense in context!!
Yeah I'm glad they mentioned the cancer patients since I didn't even think of it. In that way it's pretty amazing and it does look really natural. If it can make someone feel more comfortable then it's awesome.

Candycoatedclos

I don't think I would. I don't need them, personally, as my brows are generally full(ish). But I do see how they'd appeal to cancer patients, or someone with alopecia, or someone with very sparse brows.
It's definitely a great idea. I remember a girl in high school that had alopecia and it broke her self confidence. It amazes me how something so small that a lot of us take for granted (our hair, facial hair, body hair etc) can hurt someone's self esteem.

Btw, I'm totally jealous of your lush brows in your profile pic! Gimmeeee
poke.gif

Candycoatedclos

I can't wait for them to post a few more pictures and updates on this!

Candycoatedclos

Yeah I'm glad they mentioned the cancer patients since I didn't even think of it. In that way it's pretty amazing and it does look really natural. If it can make someone feel more comfortable then it's awesome.
It's pretty amazing when a company is so innovative and stays true to the purpose behind cosmetics - to help a woman feel as beautiful and as confident as she can/wants! We're definitely looking forward to seeing more from them!

Goat Goat Etc.

I see these being abused by people who don't need them.
Their main demo HAS TO be for drag queens, cancer patients, and people who burn their brows off by mistake. #seinfeld

honey on boost

I think that they are great when applied properly. I love that they can be used for people with medical issues. I would never personally use them unless I had a horrible bald spot that I wanted to cover for a special event.

Candycoatedclos

I personally think it is super weird! Eyelashes ok, but brows....
I think eyelashes were the same way when they first came out and that took over the industry! I am interested in seeing what these look like on people without any sort of hair issues. If they look natural would you consider them?

Candycoatedclos

I think that they are great when applied properly. I love that they can be used for people with medical issues. I would never personally use them unless I had a horrible bald spot that I wanted to cover for a special event.
Definitely agree. I know I have the hardest time filling in my left eyebrow so I'd be interested in seeing how natural these look as fill-ins. Even if it is just a hair or two.

MinaEskobar

I can see these taking off for people who really have over plucked over the years. You can stick pretty much everything else on, so why not! Not something I need, but there's a place for it I think :)

MissElle12

How would they be applied? How does it come off? Do they come in different colors? Can the be shaped to fit an individual's face? Can they be thinned or tinted? #IHaveQuestionsThatNeedAnswers lol