Eyeliner help pleeeeeeeeeaase

L0VELY

I'm thinking about purchasing another eyeliner. Which kind should I purchase? Technakohl? Powerpoint? Kohl power? I need one that doesn't smudge super fast and lasts pretty long. Or should I just finally get a fluidline?

zaralovesmac

Personally, I don't like powerpoints..I find them really hard to use, like they don't apply very well.I think fluidlines are the best..love them!!
thmbup.gif

nunu

i agree with zaralovesmac, u shod go 4 fluidlines, they last longer n dnt smudge.

dp3

I prefer MAC Fluidline and Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner. I've tried both and here are my thoughts:

Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner:
-My favorite eyeliner, it doesn't smudge or crease
-it's denser than MAC Fluidline
-great colors, especially the shimmer inks (i have graphite shimmer ink and chocolate shimmer ink)

MAC Fluidline:
-doesn't smudge or crease
-it's softer and more liquid/fluffy than Bobbi Brown Eyeliner
-wider color selection than Bobbi Brown; more funky colors; i have Macroviolet (shimmery purple)

Both are best applied with the 266 brush.

Hope this helps!

Beauty Mark

Fluidline does take some practice, but I find it easier than liquid. I use a 1/4 inch angle brush that does a good job. Sometimes, I use a 1/8 inch angle brush

daFilli

a fluidline from Mac or a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner has amazing staying power.

if your looking to line your waterline, fluidlines i find work, with a 266 brush the best but it takes practise.

I prefer kohls on my waterline though, Avon glimmersticks are amazing, for this. I used to burn my kohls and line my waterline, but its kinda dangerous if you make a mistake lol also Alamay or Pristege are great for budget waterline eyeliners.

if your looking to splurge... Chanel kohl pencils is great and also Gurrillen powdered kohl [practise is needed, u apply it with a sponged tip kinda like a q-tip] but they totally stole that idea off Eyption powder kohl... alot of Islamic stores sell them and they are cheaper w/ the same results.

hope that helped. =]

iluvmac

I love Fluidline too (I have Rich Ground and Macroviolet) and I use it in my waterline dipping an eyeliner pencil in it. It lasts all day! But I like Powerpoints too (though not for the waterline).

L0VELY

I currently own a SE266 brush, and I don't like it. I'll eventually have to purchase a full size one, but would a 209 still work with a fluidline for lining the waterline and upper lashline, or should I just get a 266?

belldandy13

definitely fluidline...i have very teary eyes especially when it's sunny or windy and fluidline doesn't run or smudge on me ever! i'm fairly new to makeup as well and it was easy to apply. i use either an angled brush or an eyeliner brush - both works well. i usually start from the middle of my lashline and go outwards, then fill in the inner lashline. for my lower lashline and waterline i start from the outer eye and go inwards. sometimes i rest the heel of my hand on my face if i don't feel steady (does that make sense? =P). hope that helps!

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0VELY
I'm thinking about purchasing another eyeliner. Which kind should I purchase? Technakohl? Powerpoint? Kohl power? I need one that doesn't smudge super fast and lasts pretty long. Or should I just finally get a fluidline?

definitely check out the MAC fluidline! that stuff doesn't budge!

jenii

I eventually threw out my 266. It was basically useless for eyelining on me (the brush is too thick), and it kinda puffed up after a few washings so it was even less useful for filling in brows.

I now use a 263, which is another angled brush, but is thinner and I find it lines with more precision.

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3
I prefer MAC Fluidline and Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner. I've tried both and here are my thoughts:

Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner:
-My favorite eyeliner, it doesn't smudge or crease
-it's denser than MAC Fluidline
-great colors, especially the shimmer inks (i have graphite shimmer ink and chocolate shimmer ink)

MAC Fluidline:
-doesn't smudge or crease
-it's softer and more liquid/fluffy than Bobbi Brown Eyeliner
-wider color selection than Bobbi Brown; more funky colors; i have Macroviolet (shimmery purple)

Both are best applied with the 266 brush.

Hope this helps!

I looveeeee BB gel eyeliners!! I have black ink and chocolate shimmer ink. It literally stays on from morning to night and even times when I've been too lazy and slept with makeup on it stays 100%. Definitely recommend BB!

buffy22281

Definately try fluidlines! I had never used a gel liner before and i bought royal wink and i was so surprised at how easy it was to apply with an angled brush.