Eyeshadow help, please

beckibear

I am new to MAC and eyeshadow (as I am not so good at applying it). I have the following eyeshadows:

Seedy Pearl
Nocturnelle
Honey Lust
Aquadisiac
Black Tied
Flammable Paint
Sea Me Shadestick

I also have a Berry coloured Chanel Kohl Pencil and the Fluidline in Macroviolet.

I also have some non-MAC shadows (Laura Mercier Margaux, Topaz and American Coffee and a shimmery white Bourjois eyeshadow). What combinations can I make from these? And do you have any recs for other MAC eyeshadows that I should invest in?

I'm grateful to anyone who answers
oh.gif
)

Ithica

Two of my favourites are vanilla pigment and shroom shadow. I find that shroom makes a gorgeous highlighter.

Oh and one of my fave combos is : Juxt inner v, Humid outer v and vanilla piggy to highlight
greengrin.gif
Hth

melliquor

Flammabe all over lid to edge of crease, Nocturnelle over Flammabe into the crease. It should be lighter in the crease and you could give it a nice smokey look and then Black Tied crease with Nocturnelle and outer v. A highlighter would be nice with that combo. I think you should invest in a highlighter like shroom, all that glitters, naked lunch, naked pigment, or rose blanc if you can get it (Strange Hybrid). I would invest in a few colours from each colour family that you like. Get some highlighers and maybe a green, purple, and another blue.

beckibear

Hi,

I'm quite fair though I often fake tan. I use Chanel Vitalumiere Creme in Limpide (not sure what the MAC equivalent is). I'm cool toned with Green eyes and dark hair.

Hope that's enough info
smiles.gif
There's a pic of me in my profile if that's helps.

claresauntie

You need to add some more neutral colors to your collection. You've got a lot of really strong colors and you need some colors that are a bit more toned-down to complete your collection. Then you'll have tons of flexibility.

syrene78

You should invest in a Bare Canvas paint from MAC before it gets discontinued.
It is great to use under any color e/s as a base and will make your e/s last for more than 12 hours!
smiles.gif

Apply this on the eye lid only if your eyes are dry.
Then apply your e/s always starting with the lightiest color in the inner lid and going with a stronger color towards the outside.
The trick is to use complimentary colors, to my opinion.
You wil get good with practice anc can always buy your e/s buy pairs: green and yellow/ copper and gold.
Then you just need to blend them so that they are not too vivid.
smiles.gif

You can also work only with one tone: copper for example and use different coppers and then you play with their differences.
It is all about blending, so practice is your best friend here.
smiles.gif

Steph