Facemaking Mascara.

sedated_xtc

Hi everybody, I have really thin and stick straight eyelashes. Stick-straight as in even when I curl it, the curl will straighten itself out after I try to set it with mascara. I've read online that some people say it works better if you heat the eyelash curler up first but I'm always scared of cauterizing my eyeballs.
shockt.gif

Is there any good mascara recommendations that super curl, volumize, don't clump and possibly comes with a waterproof option? Not too much to ask for...right?
th_confused_new.gif

widdershins

Also, curling your eyelashes after you coat them with mascara might help. I know it's a big no-no because you could rip out some of your lashes, but if you curl them as the mascara is drying it will lock it in (in my experience).

Penn

shisedo [sp?] mascara base helps hold my curls, but I'm not sure if thats just me. Maybe you could give it a try

cetati

I second/third the shiseido mascara base. It helps a lot. What I do:

- Curl with Shu Uemura curler
- Base with Shiseido Mascara Base
- Curl again, being really careful as I pull my curler away from my lashes not to pull my lashes out.
- Apply mascara (Dazzlelash or Too Faced Injection Pinpoint)

gigiopolis

Personally (I don't know if it's because of the mascara I'm using or what), but curling after I put on mascara not only is bad for my lashes, but it also makes them WAY clumpy. I can't get a good curl that way, it's more of a 90 degree bent corner. No-no.

I don't have much of a problem with my curl not holding up (the only mascara that has ever made me lose curl was Fiberwig, so DON'T USE IT, or maybe just use it as a mascara over others as it does lengthen considerably).

I like Japanese mascara a lot, and I find that because it's Japanese, they really cater to Asian women in their cosmetics. Maybe try Japanese brands out? Currently I'm using SANA Extra Large mascara and I love it! I find that super waterproof mascaras have the ability to really hold in curl, and SANA definitely is the toughest mascara I've ever used. If you don't mind using makeup remover at the end of the day, it's a great, absolutely smudgeproof option. Of course my curl holds perfectly with it too.

I'd definitely check out some mascara bases if nothing is working for you.

Iffath

1. Use an eyelash curler to curl lashes
2. Apply either Maybelline Volume Express Turbo Boost (Waterproof) or Maybelline Full in Soft (waterproof), about 2 coats on just the top lashes (it will transfer to your bottom lashes when you wink naturally)
3. Comb your lashes through with MAC lash brush no. 209.
4. This helps get the clumps out.
Voila!