fake fafi?

splattergirl

someone asked me to check whether this was 100% a fake, I am almost 100%sure but I just wanted to check here so I can say I have and the person can ask for a refund or whatever, sending back isn't an option from europe but I hope paypal will be merciful
smiles.gif

macnovio.jpg

eidetica

The Ebay seller has real goods. But is this the picture you think is a fake? This professional photo of TWO blushes? With a wierd brush thrown in?

I'm confused... Yes, I suspect the two blushes are odd. I'd like to see the backs, please. Something isn't jibing...

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
It does look real to me... if you forget the brush
th_dunno.gif

nope.gif

It have seen fakes like this before and I highly doubt that it is authentic.
The brush is the first warning sign yes.
yes.gif

The second one would be the higher black plastic packaging itself and the third that the black plastic around the actual blush plan looks not straight.. more like angular and the fourth is that the blush pan sits too high. Probably because it is a fake with a space for the brush somewhere on the inside of the plastic packaging.

edit: Warning sign number five is that the sticker with the barcode shouldn't be there. On the top of the white packaging should be the round shaped sticker with the blush name. The barcode sticker is always on the bottom.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
The auction you liked to uses a different picture than this one.
th_dunno.gif

iagree.gif

I looked on the auction pic.

splattergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica

Suck it up and take it to a MAC Store/ counter to compare. Certain things are jumping out at you or you wouldn't ask

I can't, my country has no MAC.
by the way I'll ask for actual photos, I am just acting on someone's behalf, she sent me the url and that other photo so I have no idea which is actual, I'll be keeping you updated
smiles.gif

splattergirl

I'll have photos by monday but they will be pretty much obsolete since she just told me the blush has mirror and brush underneath. she says the second photo shows her blush, so the seller from the linked auction shouldn't be blacklisted, I guess she sent me that link only to show another photo how the blush should look like! she says the only makeup thing this seller had was this blush, obviously bought, saw it was fake and resold as authentic! yuck!!!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
I'll have photos by monday but they will be pretty much obsolete since she just told me the blush has mirror and brush underneath. she says the second photo shows her blush, so the seller from the linked auction shouldn't be blacklisted, I guess she sent me that link only to show another photo how the blush should look like! she says the only makeup thing this seller had was this blush, obviously bought, saw it was fake and resold as authentic! yuck!!!

I am so sorry.
ssad.gif

The blush definitely is fake with the brush and the mirror.
Maybe you could remove the link from the other auction in your first post so that someone, who just reads quickly through this thread, doesn't think that the linked seller was the fake seller.
smiles.gif

splattergirl

done!!! thanks for the suggestion, its really fair to do so!
she will keep the blush, she says its pigmented and looks well. I would personally be kind of disgusted to use something made by who knows who and with who knows which ingredients but hopefully she won't have any damage out of it! thanks for all the tips and opinions girls
yes.gif