Fake Hello Kitty already

Sexycocolatte

Its a good fake though. it looks tempting.
graucho.gif

If i didn't know better
thmbdn.gif

nebbish

What's wrong with fakes?
OTHER than that they're not real MAC... are the colors just as good?

TISH1124

the colors look a lot better than the colors MAC has
ssad.gif
.....Scarey how real the packaging looks from the pics..........

Spikesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
What's wrong with fakes?

I've been wondering myself about the quality of the fake stuff. Those fake HK blushes sure are cute!

Dahlia_Rayn

Also, if you read the thread, that particular seller is letting you know that the blushes in the picture are "replicas".

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
What's wrong with fakes?

This question comes up frequently, so I'm not going to rehash in detail. But there are two basic answers that have nothing to do with whether or not intellectual property theft is morally right or wrong.

A lot of fake merchandise is sold by organized crime syndicates: buy the fake MAC or Coach bag and you may be supporting a gang, the Mafia, etc...... Enough said.

Cosmetics from reputable manufacturers usually have ingredients that have been tested for safety and have manufacturing tolerances. No reputable cosmetic manufacturer will produce fakes and allow criminals to put fake labels on it: this is copyright infringement and they would be sued by the maker of the authentic product. So someone who makes fakes is kind of on their own and so are you if you buy and use the product: maybe you're getting safe cosmetic ingredients, maybe you're getting rat poison. The person who made the fake doesn't really care as long as they have your money.

A lot of the fake MAC comes from China. In the past 18 months alone, I can recall toxic dog food, toothpaste, baby formula, and dime store jewelry that came from China: these items all have quality control guidelines that just weren't followed or failed. To even consider buying a cosmetic item that you know is fake and was probably made in China is crazy.

There are very good explanations of the organized crime links that have already been posted in the Counterfeit forums; you may want to read some of Caffn8me's posts.

gigiopolis

^ Agree with what you said, but the view of "if it's made in China, then it's probably not worth buying" is totally unfair.

Assume the probability of getting a fake from China is the same goods made in the rest of the world (for argument's sake, let's say 5%). Then consider the sheer volume of goods that China produces for the entire world vs any other country. 5% of that is much, much greater than any other country's exports. So while the influx of bad Chinese products is partly due to lack of adequate policy/implementation of existing policies, a good chunk of it is due to just the sheer volume of Chinese exports.

So the reason why you read all the stories about tainted Chinese products is partly due to how much China actually produces. You will less frequently read about tainted US products because the US doesn't produce nearly as much than China does. And I'm not even considering the amount of media manipulation that happens when reporting stories - not in terms of the story's contents, but the choice in the amount and frequency of the stories.

What's more accurate is to say that if any product is fake, then don't buy it, period, no matter where it is from. Including that they're made in China doesn't add anything to your argument, and it also offends people along the way. I'm sure you didn't mean to, but I read that a lot on forums and it upsets me to see the matter-of-fact nature of the "made in China" argument.

panda0410

^^Noone is bashing LEGITIMATE Chinese goods.... note that keyword there
th_wink3.gif

As for the fake HK...
wtff.gif
omg..... Shame they are so cute - these are prob gonna sell like crazy on ebay once they are distributed!

X4biddenxLustX

I also feel bad for the buyers!

I also have to admit those are pretty cute, I'm tempted to buy one but won't for obvious reasons stated above just have around cause I like the way they look lol. But the boxes make it soo obvious they are fakes.

BeccalovesMAC

omg Im really tired of ppl saying that fake mac, coach purses are made by companies who support organized crime. I have been to Wanfujing District of China and seen factories for purses and cosmetics. i seen a coach factory, jade factory and Cosmetics company. It not even like that. China is a communist country. When I went to Bejing last november, I did buy some fake mac. I must say, that it was better than the Bitch Slap shit they sell here in the states. Im not saying for you all to buy the fake stuff. I hate the fact that they are thinking they are fooling someone. Check the facts before you talk the shit.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
omg Im really tired of ppl saying that fake mac, coach purses are made by companies who support organized crime. I have been to Wanfujing District of China and seen factories for purses and cosmetics. i seen a coach factory, jade factory and Cosmetics company. It not even like that. China is a communist country. When I went to Bejing last november, I did buy some fake mac. I must say, that it was better than the Bitch Slap shit they sell here in the states. Im not saying for you all to buy the fake stuff. I hate the fact that they are thinking they are fooling someone. Check the facts before you talk the shit.

Producing and/or selling counterfeit items is a crime.

it doesn't matter where they are made or who makes them, you can never be sure of the source, of the ingredients and the safety of the product.

By purchasing counterfeit items you are supporting the organised crime of manufacturing and selling these counterfeit items.

MAChostage

So, is all the MAC on this site fake?? I looked at this listing and I know she's not selling 54 jars of pigment for that price! But it doesn't specify (that I can see) what the real deal is.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^Noone is bashing LEGITIMATE Chinese goods.... note that keyword there
th_wink3.gif

Of course not. But to say that "to even consider buying a cosmetic item that you know is fake and was probably made in China is crazy" - the inclusion of China in that statement holds the implication that Chinese goods aren't credible, with little regard to whether they're legitimate or not; like "made in China" is a criterion for unsafe goods. My previous post, hopefully, gives reason for doubt. I know I'm against the popular opinion here, but it's definitely offensive and the full side of the story should be heard before judgments are made.