Fake MAC blush on Ebay

QueenEmB

I just received a fake MAC Dollymix blush from a seller called alltogether

The packaging is identical to a normal blush even down to the barcoding on the box but I noticed that the font of the writing on the little sticker on the box that says Dollymix was in a more spaced out font than my others.

The main difference is the product itself - it's chalky and really loose in the pan - a light swipe with a brush lifts loads of product and makes a real mess and there is loads of chunky glitter in the pan.

The seller is a real piece of work as well - accusing me of having a hidden agenda just because I said I won't return the product because I don't want him to sell it on to some other unsuspecting person.

I will post photos but AVOID THIS SELLER.
girl_devil.gif

redambition

I'm sorry that such a thing has happened - please do post pictures of the blush you have received, including the box.

I have taken a look at the seller's items and the blushes do look suspect. I can't say for sure on some of their other items but they do have some very unusual items.

panda0410

Dollymix is one of the very popular fakes - if anyone wants to buy this one get it direct from MAC!

QueenEmB

He's threatening to get his lawyers on to my if I "slander" him - I reminded him that it's only slander if it's LIES.

ClareBear86

ive just hadthe same thing wit a couple of eyeshadows and the girl that sold them to me is not responding to my messages so im going through paypal
smiles.gif

QueenEmB

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^ You might also remind him that selling counterfeit items is illegal!

He isn't admitting to it though - he says if i send it back he will compare it to a product from a MAC store and if he agrees it is counterfeit then he will refund my money. If he doesn't think it's fake (who's betting this is pretty much a certainty?!) then he will refund me minus 25% handling fee (which I'm not accepting - I'm not being ripped off twice!)

As far as he is concerned he is being fair with me.
nonono.gif

panda0410

Once you part with it I doubt you will see it or your $ again. File with paypal.

Just as a side track - we know the fake e/s has crappy indented pans - has anyone tried depotting a fake blush and comparing to a real depotted blush?

julie150463

Quote:
Once you part with it I doubt you will see it or your $ again. File with paypal.

Just as a side track - we know the fake e/s has crappy indented pans - has anyone tried depotting a fake blush and comparing to a real depotted blush?

Have a look at this http://specktra.net/f257/blushers-any-experts-94188/

Same indented pans on the fake blushes same as the fake eyeshadows

Julie

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEmB
The seller is a real piece of work as well - accusing me of having a hidden agenda just because I said I won't return the product because I don't want him to sell it on to some other unsuspecting person.

I will post photos but AVOID THIS SELLER.
girl_devil.gif

Posting pics would really help...

You need to return the product to him or be prepared to be out your money and with you holding a potentially counterfeit product.

If you file a claim with Paypal, Paypal requires that the item to be returned in the condition that it was received in. You will need to use tracking. Once all that is done, you will probably receive your money back from paypal. Notice I said probably...

QueenEmB

Quote:

yeah i figured this - which is why i'm sticking to my guns and trying to get a full refund through paypal and i'm not returning the item - it's only fit for the trash anyway.

QueenEmB

Curiosity got the better of me and I depotted it....and guess what? Yep you guessed - ridges on the underside of the pan.

BUSTED.