Glittery Handles
Synthetic Fibers
"JAPAN" stamped into them...

Great....
angry.gif

Asphyxiation

Alight..
Now I got confused..!!!

Some page wrote they're supposed to have glittery handles and the Japan stamp..??!!

But anyway...
I'm pretty sure the 219 and 239 aren't supposed to have synhetic bristles right..?
And the 219 seems too.....flimsy..?
Like it isn't stiff enough...

redambition

the 219 and 239 are both goat hair brushes, according to makeupaddict.org.

there are also brushes that have a more glittery handle than others, and brushes made in japan.

the seller you have posted - it's hard to tell from their photos as they aren't detailed enough. They are, however, selling the good old "8 piece brush set with leather case" that is definitely a counterfeit item - thread here. that raises a red flag - there is a good chance other of their items may be counterfeit as well.

have you purchased brushes from this seller?

Tabitha

The 239 looks like the brush I have, which came from the Mac counter. Mine also says Japan on it, but it's super faint.

ellienellie

The brush head on the 219 doesn't look as rounded and smooth as the one I have (purchased from Nordstrom)

Asphyxiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellienellie
The brush head on the 219 doesn't look as rounded and smooth as the one I have (purchased from Nordstrom)

It is a bit more rounded when I took the picture from a different angle..
It had been washed so waybe that's why..

Digitalkamera1808.jpg

I'm so torn right now...

I'm preeetty sure the bristles are synthetic...
They got that shine to them and the speciel sound...

red

hard to tell from the photos. The 239 looks like it may have a plastic handle, from the depth of the incision of JAPAN, but as these brushes are assembled by hand, you're never going to get all to look identical.

Also, check the sleeve that came with the brush, is the sticker with the bar code applied over it? I mean is it a sticker or stamped right on the sleeve?

Have you looked where the ferrule meets the handle, is there glue residue, I mean anything with a red flag?

Asphyxiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
hard to tell from the photos. The 239 looks like it may have a plastic handle, from the depth of the incision of JAPAN, but as these brushes are assembled by hand, you're never going to get all to look identical.

Also, check the sleeve that came with the brush, is the sticker with the bar code applied over it? I mean is it a sticker or stamped right on the sleeve?

Have you looked where the ferrule meets the handle, is there glue residue, I mean anything with a red flag?

I can't see any glue..
And I trew away the plastic sleeve so I can't remember..

BUT, now it says the ebay seller don't exist..!!!!!!!!!!! O_O

Asphyxiation

what the seller wrote in the paypal dispute..

"Hi, I respect your opinions, but I guarantee all my products are 100% authentic. I worked at MAC before, and my MAC supplier is a sales rep for MAC cosmetics. Also, MAC brushes are made worldwide, and different store might get brushes made at different factories.
If you are not happy with the brush, I will accept return if they are in brand new condition, and you must return them with a note inside stating the reason for returning. I will apply FULL refund once they are returned.
Return
P.O. Box 341367
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Thank you"

th_dunno.gif

redambition

I think that these may be counterfeit
ssad.gif
unless MAC has changed their fonts?

While I don't have a 239, the lettering is consistent to the other 2, and that lettering is different to the lettering displayed on my entire stash of MAC brushes.

In the ones you purchased - the gap on the M is in the centre of the trough in the middle of the M. This is inconsistent with the MAC logo. The gap should be on the left hand side portion of the trough, and it should be a small diagonal slash, not a straight one.

The cross bar of the A has a gap that is too large, also inconsistent with the MAC logo.

The font of the brush number on the 187 is inconsistent with my 187's font.

The ferrule of the 219 looks different to mine also - yours looks tapered then straight, mine tapers all the way to the handle.

If one of the brushes had a logo that looked off, i would put it down to being handmade. all of them means that something is not right.

here's some pics to compare yours to:

My 219 (the ferrule is a bit corroded):

Close up of 219 handle:

187 handle (some of the silver text has rubbed off)

Nadeshda

On the last pic of your first post with pictures, the "Japan" on the handle doesn't look straight... it looks kinda lopsided...

Millgrove

Hi all,

Sad to say, I totally agree with redambition.

The font used in the logo is something all manufactureres are super-careful about, as it is so basic to brand identity. The ones shown look wrong to me too. Can't believe Mac would sell anything to be sold with the logo so wrong if it was made for them.

The other point about brush sets is a good pointer too. I wouldn't trust any other 'Mac' being sold by a seller with those either.

thmbdn.gif

ellienellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxiation
I just filed a claim..
Let's hope I get my money back..!

Make sure you do.

I feel for you, as a lot of others will here too, it's very frustrating I know.
Let us know how you got on....

angry.gif

Asphyxiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellienellie
Make sure you do.

I feel for you, as a lot of others will here too, it's very frustrating I know.
Let us know how you got on....

angry.gif

Thank you so much...
I'll do my best...

I'll be sure to let you guys know what happends..

Asphyxiation

I got my money back !!!
yahoo.gif

And I still got the brushes so dobbelt score !
They may not be MAC, but they still work pretty good..
Adleast until I get the real ones..