Fake Mac store

caribprincess

Hey everyone,

As some of you may have seen my post about the fake heatherette l/g i got from this lady here. I want to know what i can do to shut down her business. I live in st.maarten which is a caribbean island its actually dutch and french owned. So she has her own "mac" store which is clearly all fake and she also sells ed hardy and juicy couture. the thing is she is making alot of money off alot of the women here and as well as alot of the rich women that is paying for the product.
angry.gif
do you think i could contact MAC and see what they say or just leave her be??
th_dunno.gif
i think its wrong shes making tons of money on people for a fake product. you know how we all feel about that fake counterfeiting.... do you think a rep would come down here and deal with her?? sorry for the long post... all advice is welcome

Ms. Z

Yes, report her store to MAC (make sure to get name , address and telephone number of the shop), they have a toll free number on their website.
You should only buy your products at department stores and at official MAC stores. MAC stores only sell MAC, nothing else & they don’t do franchises, so it’s not possible for anyone but MAC to own a MAC store.

redambition

Firstly, is she aware that she is selling counterfeit items?

It might be a good first port of call to notify her that something you have purchased from her is counterfeit, if she was unaware that might be enough to stop her selling those items.

If she continues to sell counterfeit items after you know she is aware that they are fake then I would take steps to report her to Estee Lauder.

caribprincess

uhh she knows she is selling the fake counterfeit items... i did contact mac about this and i am waiting on a email back. i wish i figure out how to post videos so i can show you all how her store is and her set up

caffn8me

Is there a consumer protection or trading standards department on the island? If there is, it would be a good place to report her activities.

Some companies act faster than others to protect their brands. It may be worth tipping off other companies that counterfeits of their products are being sold.

If all else fails, how about contacting the Daily Herald?

Another possibility is to contact the Chamber of Commerce to see if they know who deals with counterfeit goods.

Good luck!