Fake Pigment?!?! Heeeeeeelp!

m0rg3nst3rn

So, I bought two pigments from a blog sale. One of them I am sure is real, pink pearl. The other, I am not so sure about...It is Night Light and I never had any jars from '06, so I don't know what they look like and when I searched on the web the writing on the jars did come in this format, but I am thinking that the font is a bit thick on it. The seller didn't have the boxes so I didn't have those to tell from and neither of the pigments had the little plastic part on the inside so I didn't have that as an indicator to work with either. I am including pics of both pigments, but it is Night Light that I am worried about. Here are the pictures...

Night Light

Pink Pearl

Swatches

m0rg3nst3rn

Please...some of ya'll have to have some insight
poke.gif

EmWyllie

Pink Pearl looks to be real. The packaging looks proper and all, but I couldn't confirm 100% for you.

Night Light I'm not so sure on. I only have a sample from a friend and your swatch looks similar (not quite the same but that could be the way it was photographed) and the packaging is a bit off. I don't think I own any pigments that have that style of writing on the back.

zewzeq

The fact that the Night Light jar has a shiny lid makes me wonder if it is fake. I don't have Night Light so i can't be sure tough.

rockin

Yep, the shiny lid makes me suspicious, too, but I don't think I have a pigment of a similar age to compare it to.

m0rg3nst3rn

Yeah...the packaging is what has made me wonder about that one. I know it would be an older jar and they had the text similar. I just am not sure...
Though I just looked at the lid compared to the others and it is not as shiny looking in person it looks a little more like the pink pearl lid...I am so confused
cry.gif

LMD84

night light does look odd to me. can you take a really up close shot of the base of the jar and hold it towards the light? then i'd be able to let you know for sure.