Fakes?

naceprettub

I only recently started lurking here and have spent the last few days reading up on all of the fakes that are found on ebay. Unfortunately, I didn't do that before buying some pigments and e/s. I'm curious as to whether they look legit or not. They are all from seller kaifeng8007.

MAC M.A.C. Cosmetics Pigment Eyeshadow BRIGHT FUCHSIA! - eBay (item 220302415755 end time Oct-30-08 19:33:20 PDT)

MAC Eyeshadow/Eye shadow SWISH Soft Pink w/ Icy Shimmer - eBay (item 220302416985 end time Oct-30-08 19:37:09 PDT)

BNEW MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow/Eye shadow Bamboo! - eBay (item 220302423649 end time Oct-30-08 19:55:23 PDT)

MAC M.A.C. Pigment Eye Shadow Glitter Brillants Silver! - eBay (item 220302424198 end time Oct-30-08 19:57:12 PDT)

MAC M.A.C. Pigment Eye Shadow Glitter Brillants Grey! - eBay (item 220302424467 end time Oct-30-08 19:58:06 PDT)

MAC Pigment Eye Shadow Glitter Brillants Rocking Orange - eBay (item 220302433892 end time Oct-30-08 20:27:03 PDT)

I just want to say thanks to everyone here! I can't believe the amount of counterfeit that are floating around. I already learned my lesson with some brushes (I'm pretty sure they are fakes) and I hate to think that I might have purchased fake make-ups as well.

TISH1124

I have never purchased from this seller...However they look legit...But it's very hard to tell since the items are pictured in the boxes and you can't see the actual pot or jar

panda0410

These are ALL known faked colours that come in a particular lot of colours and that alone makes me suspicious.

The Grey glitter also looks quite off to me, the font on the top sticker is questionable and personally I wouldnt.....

airplane_girl

I read somewhere here that when the User ID is kept private thats not a good sign. Why would is be private for MU. The seller maybe trying to keep other people from messaging the bidder to warn them of the product being fake.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane_girl
I read somewhere here that when the User ID is kept private thats not a good sign. Why would is be private for MU. The seller maybe trying to keep other people from messaging the bidder to warn them of the product being fake.

This is an ebay thing, not done by the seller. ebay have made user IDs private on pretty much all auctions now.

The pics provided aren't too great, I can't tell if the items are fake or not based on the pics provided by the seller
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Yeah But it's Not Ebay when you keep your winning bidder's ID Private that is the Seller...Ebay only keeps the bidders ID private....Not the final winner unless you choose that option.

jdechant

yah..i don't know..i used to get a bunch of MAC off ebay until I found out that I had got some fakes..its just too risky!! I dont want to ever have to purchase off of ebay again (for makeup) and its only getting worse. It sucks!! Too many fakes out there now
ssad.gif

BellaItalia1969

Re: new seller on ebay UK,with vast MAC products 4 sale!

Girls ,ok i would like to prevent someone i work with from making a huge mistake ...she wants to buy off this seller:macbargainshop,some MAC products especially the bundle of all different Mac pigments,blushers eyeshadows:Large Wholesale Lot - 40 Pigments - RRP £600.00 on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 10:00:53 GMT)
priced £189,
Huge Wholesale Lot - Pigments, Eyeshadows - 100 items!! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 12:24:39 GMT),
the other lot is priced at £345!!!
she wants to buy and resell some..but Im having HUGE doubts?
specktra_rocks.gif

Any advice...please

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Girls ,ok i would like to prevent someone i work with from making a huge mistake ...she wants to buy off this seller:macbargainshop,some MAC products especially the bundle of all different Mac pigments,blushers eyeshadows:Large Wholesale Lot - 40 Pigments - RRP £600.00 on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 10:00:53 GMT)
priced £189,
Huge Wholesale Lot - Pigments, Eyeshadows - 100 items!! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 12:24:39 GMT),
the other lot is priced at £345!!!
she wants to buy and resell some..but Im having HUGE doubts?
specktra_rocks.gif

Any advice...please

Tell her not to waste her money. This group of pigments, eye shadows, blushes and bases has been doing the rounds for ever
ssad.gif
I can bet if she asks what the batch for the Basic Red is - it'll be A73.
If she does buy it will be a huge mistake and really not worth the hassle she have trying to get her money back.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Tell her not to waste her money. This group of pigments, eye shadows, blushes and bases has been doing the rounds for ever
ssad.gif
If she does buy it will be a huge mistake and really not worth the hassle she have trying to get her money back.

Julie,I wanted to say thank you very much for all your help with my previous problem...lol have a look at my seller of fake Mac new listing for some sort of weird design box of MAC liquid eyeliner
angry.gif
only £6 plus £2.50 p&p!!

Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 18:38:39 GMT)

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
ssad.gif

Julie,I wanted to say thank you very much for all your help with my previous problem...lol have a look at my seller of fake Mac new listing for some sort of weird design box of MAC liquid eyeliner ,he has 10 boxes of these for SALE!
angry.gif
only £6 plus £2.50 p&p!!

Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 18:38:39 GMT)
I will tell my mate about your opinion although lol i did have doubts and after having another troll trough ebay ..i think this new seller,is related to another seller:alidan19!
Oh my ,my counterfeiters have been busy look at this fake number06 MAC Heatherette compact !!Suffice to say i did email the seller !
BNIB MAC heatherette compact powder blush,sold out.no6 on eBay, also, Blush, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 07-Dec-08 15:49:15 GMT)

54ef_1.JPG

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Julie,I wanted to say thank you very much for all your help with my previous problem...lol have a look at my seller of fake Mac new listing for some sort of weird design box of MAC liquid eyeliner ,he has 10 boxes of these for SALE!
angry.gif
only £6 plus £2.50 p&p!!

I will tell my mate about your opinion although lol i did have doubts and after having another troll trough ebay ..i think this new seller,is related to another seller:alidan19!
Oh my ,my counterfeiters have been busy look at this fake number06 MAC Heatherette compact !!Suffice to say i did email the seller !
BNIB MAC heatherette compact powder blush,sold out.no6 on eBay, also, Blush, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 07-Dec-08 15:49:15 GMT)

54ef_1.JPG

No problem
thmbup.gif
Glad to be able to help. I saw the boxes with the silver blobs on them - very odd.

That Heatherette is shocking too - loving the accompanying brush - NOT!