fakety mcfakerson or the retired real deal?

I got a MAC Spice lip liner in a swap on mua. I thought I was pretty good at seeing what was legit and what wasn't. I noticed when I was cleaning out my stash that this did not match up. I took some pictures and asked her about it. She said she had purchased at a MAC counter about 4 years ago. She asked me to compare it to older pencils.
th_dunno.gif

Well first of all there is no date code on the spice just a 1L5. I do have a Hyacinth eye kohl that is coded A52...the oldest I have. However, this doesn't look like the Vino A44 or the Redd A34.

I was curious to what Specktra thought.
th_confused_new.gif

STP61528.jpg

STP61527.jpg

STP61526.jpg

I just heard that old lip liners are black...if what I have from 2002 isn't black then do you know how old this may be?
anyone.gif

MAC_Whore

It's real. My older Spice looks exactly like that. That's how they looked years back.

The older ones are a darker, glossier black than the current pencils. The font and wording are also different than the current pencils.

Mine is exactly like yours, except my batch is 1F5, which is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

I have purchased all of my liners from MAC directly.

th_kiss.gif
Thank you so much for your quick response. I appreciate it and I am glad this person was telling the truth.

How long ago did you get yours...if you recall.

Thanks soooo much, I really do appreciate it.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondejunkie
.....How long ago did you get yours...if you recall......

I couldn't even guess. Sorry.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
Funny, I have a Spice pencil that I purchased from a MAC counter many years ago, the pencil is silver and the code is A89 as in August 1999...I can't believe I have this still lol...no help I know but I wanted to share
tong.gif

The LS and lip liners were silver and grey for awhile. That's normal too.