Fallen apart SH brush

Buttercup

Today I was set up at to give my brushes a wash, as I was starting to lather up my 129sh pink brush from the Catherine Deneuve collection it just.. fell apart, oh so easily, I attempted to stick the hairs gently back into the handle and pretend it didn't happen but alas.. I come sulking to Specktra about it. I figure this is where i'd get some understanding of my loss. (
specktra_rocks.gif
)

I guess it has been a while since the brush came out, but I paid the harsh AUD retail for it so I feel the need to make a post.

Has anyone else had their brushes break like this from old age? I am very gentle with my brushes, never dry them standing up, use baby shampoo and am now thinking i'm still not gentle enough with them.

erine1881

even if you didn't dry them standing up, if any water or shampoo got up into the ferrule, that causes the glue to loosen and the bristles to come out. it has nothing to do with the age of the brushes. i've got brushes older than the catherine deneuve brushes (the brushes in my work brushbelt are 8 years old) and have never had any fall apart.

just be careful how your not only drying, but how you're washing them.

i do feel your pain. these aren't cheap brushes.

Buttercup

The thing is I only ever washed the tips, never getting any/much water at all at the base of the brush. I didn't tote it around with me either, stayed in my brush roll. Oh well, shall be missed.
lol.gif

bellaboomboom

One of my MAC makeup brushes fell apart yesterday - it was one of small LE ones from the holiday collection of brushes - a face brush - can't remember the # right now. I had only used it MAYBE 10 times. I was upset but MAC replaced it (at my local mall) - no questions asked. Although I had to get the full size one.

That was the first time that ever happened to me. I thought it was odd since I hardly used it.

shockt.gif