False Eyelash Reconstruction?

Amaranth

Hiiiii!!

I didn't include a full face shot because there's nothing really going on. It was all about the eyes today! We're going to see Cloverfield tonight so I thought I'd try something a little different. I wanted to try to use a bunch of the MAC shadows I have that I rarely use. Not that I don't like them, but I've been going for the uber bright or sparkly ones lately.

Also, I was cleaning out my bathroom this afternoon and I found a pair of really old eyelashes. I really hate throwing things away (WHY my bathroom needed cleaning haha) and I was trying to waste even more time so I wouldn't have to do my psych homework, so I thought I'd see if I could make them useable again. I wish I had taken a picture of them before, because I think I did a pretty damn good job!! I just used make-up remover to get old glue and eyeshadow fallout off, and then that didn't work too well, so I did a little strategic trimming with my cuticle scissors. The result were these pointy things that were all squiggly, but I figured that wouldn't matter once they were glued on. Hopefully I cut them evenly...Haha, I'm such a cheap student.

So here is the result of that:

Damn, I meant to take a picture of the right eye, the gluing was better. The bases of the lashes were all messed up, and I suck at putting these on as it is!

What I Used:

MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
MAC Eyeshadow in Motif
MAC Eyeshadow in Expensive Pink
MAC Eyeshadow in Purple Haze
MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
MAC Eyeshadow in Shimmermoss
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Eyeshadow in Rummy (Brows)
MAC Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz
MAC FibreLash Mascara
...Aaaaand some weird cheap pair of eyelashes...not sure where they came from, they were in an old MAC eyelash container, but they were in with an actual pair of MAC lashes...so I'm not sure what they are.

Let me know what you think!!

Amaranth

Thanks everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShiva
they look like #7's to me.. they look fab!!

Thanks! I actually own a pair of 7's, and these are not them. They were living in the same old packaging as the only pair of 7's I've ever bought. I don't think these were natural hair lashes, they didn't go all weird when I wet them. They started off sort of...almost all one length but still kind spiky (I doubt that makes any sense). Yeah, I have noooo idea where these even came from, they are possibly from a few years ago (around the time I first bought my 7's) when I was experimenting with cheap drugstore ones to get the gluing technique down. 'Cause there was a looooot on glue on these, haha.

But yeah, if anyone knows what they could possibly be, please let me know. They easier to clean than the MAC ones are. I REALLY wish I had taken a picture of them before, but I didn't think this would actually work. They looked similar to the way they are now, but the short hairs were a bit longer...almost as long as the longest ones, but you could still see the difference.

hotpink1326

That is one hot look m'dear!!! I am loving your color combo here
smiles.gif

Amaranth

Thanks, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
Pretty!!
smiles.gif
I hope you enjoyed Cloverfield more than we did.

And I *LOVED* Cloverfield. I thought it was amazing. Like Godzilla meets Blair Witch Project, but it was better than both of those movies on their own or combined. Me and my friends are all big J.J. Abrams nerds though, so maybe we're just biased.