False eyelashes...

MAC Melly

I'm getting married next month and want to wear some false lashes... can anybody give me pointers? Is it better to get the one long strip or should I get the ones that come in single pieces? Do I apply it before or after my eye makeup? *panic attack* Help.
icon_eek.gif

Sanne

if you're not used to wearing false lashes, I advise you to use single pieces for you're wedding, or you might be looking a bit 'dragqueeny'.
if you have you're eyelash pieces, hold em with a tweezer, and put a tiny little bit of Duo-glue on the base of the lash. let it dry for 1 minute and apply it into your upperlash line.
just 2 single pieces per eye on the outer corner will give you a great effect you'r lashes look so much longer!

here's a pic of me with only 2 pieces of single lashes on my eyes.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=304

mrskloo

You could always get the strip lashes and cut them into 3rd so they're easier to apply.

diesel

#20 are a good size of lashes, I LOVE the fake-lash look because mine are so thin to begin with. If you want to try out the look before the big day, try Ardell lashes - the yellow ones at the drug store. Super easy to deal with, and cheap to boot! So no worries if you have to cut them up, or you ruin them by crying on them. My eyes completely tear up when I get adhesive in my eyes :p

I always put my fakes on after a dark liner, so no one can tell I'm wearing falsies. But groupie did an excellent job on camouflaging hers so follow her secrets
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskloo
You could always get the strip lashes and cut them into 3rd so they're easier to apply.

th_thdeadea.gif

rouquinne

cut them up!
greengrin.gif

it's a lot easier to just apply something to the outer third of your eye, than the entire eye.

but i'd buy cheapie Andrea or Ardell lashes for this and not good MAC ones.

allie02044

dont forget to apply liner after also!!(when i do brides, i always do liner, lashes, then e/s as liner after. just to cover any glue or anything that MAY be showing.)

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie02044
dont forget to apply liner after also!!(when i do brides, i always do liner, lashes, then e/s as liner after. just to cover any glue or anything that MAY be showing.)

Thanks for the tip. :p