Fauxhawk for Alex...

Artphr33k

Hello ladies and gents!
For a really long time I've bee looking for a hairstyle that is more creative than what i've always had.... *boring*

l_1f6a3cdfe4d1d268591d27ac01a7c6e1.jpg

current (straightened)

l_725b38b94a8780d654ec679143c7d1d5.jpg

current (natural, same length as above)

well, anyway... after so much thinking, i decided tonight that i want a FAUX HAWK.
yessss... The issue is. I have never really paid good money for a
haircut. In high school my hair ( most of these styles) was done
by my best-gay-friend, and i never did anything else to it. If it was
an emergency, or I just needed a trim, great clips was my BFF (yeah,
hate me.)

so, i understand that I need to go to a salon to get this done. Now, in
case the salon lady doesn't know what a faux hawk is, how do I explain
this to her? I can take pictures, but I've heard before that this is
not a good idea, due to the number of people who end up disappointing
when they don't look exactly like the photo. Should I just wait until
May until my best-gay-friend (ha ha) can do it again?? i'm SO anxious!
but i've never had short hair and I don't wanna chop it off and end up
hating it... you can't exactly add extensions to a faux hawk.

thanks for any help, girls and boys!!

& I apologize about really big images! I don't know this BBC deal...

-Alex

user79

I always bring in a picture. Even if it doesn't look exactly like the pic, it will give your stylist a very accurate idea of what it is you want. Some customers are very wishy washy with explaining what they want. If you can get a few pics of the same cut from diff angles, that would be ideal. But if not, just 1 pic is better than none. A good stylist will discuss the picture with you, and see if it will work with your hair type, and discuss the maintenace time and styling options you will have with it.

I would go to a reputable, fashion-forward salon in your city, and ask for a senior stylist. This means the stylist has had a number of years of experience and credentials, unlike junior stylists who are usually cheaper but are just fresh out of school. If you know someone who has a cut similar to what you want that looks good, ask them where they had it done and by whom. You can also go in for a consultation appt. first (should be free of charge) and see if it's a good "fit". You can discuss the style and pic with the stylist, and then if you feel comfortable, book an appt with them. If not, you don't need to feel obligated to make an appt there, just keep looking.

Latest posts