Favorite Blush/Beauty Powder for Pale Skin?

glasswillow

Hi! I searched, but didn't find any of the answers I was looking for. Hopefully I'm not starting a duplicate thread or asking questions that have already been answered a dozen times. If I am, I apologize

I've been into MAC e/s & lipgloss for a very long time, but have just recently become interested in MAC blushes, beauty powders, & MSFs. I LOVE LE items, but of course, I won't be able to try out LEs from past collections before purchasing (hopefully, I'll be able to find them for sale here, on LJ, ebay, etc). So I'd like to ask anyone who has an opinion.....

What are your favorite Blushes, Beauty Powders, & MSFs for pale skin? I'm looking for shades that show up, but still look kinda natural. Also, I prefer shades with at least a little shimmer/sheen (but that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to try matte shades)

For reference.....
As far as shade intensity goes, Blooming is perfect for me
When applied without blending with the other 3 stripes, the darkest shade of both the Blonde and Redhead MSFs are a little too dark
Love Rock is waaaaaay too much for me
Moon River is lovely, but it's a little too light (love to use it as a highlighter though)

Do you think these shades are too dark/bright for pale skin? Pleasantry, Don't Be Shy, Hipness, Joyous, & Petalpoint. They look so lovely in pictures, but I think they'd be too much for me. Do you find that they can be applied to look kinda natural on pale skin, or should I leave them alone?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

HustleRose

i'm pretty pale myself and the two perm blushes that really work for me are well dressed and peaches. the ones you mentioned - i don't have. i'm actually expecting hipness in the mail soon that i bought from a lovely lady on here. i have moon rock and it's light for me as well, i like to use it as a highlighter or to soften down a bright color (like hk tippy or dollymix).

so yea, the two i mentioned work for me so you can try those next time you're at a mac counter.

ps, have you tried nars orgasm? i know it's not mac but it is just lovely on me.

TigerGrrl

I find Hipness to be really natural looking even though it does look quite bright in the pan. I actually really like wearing Hipness under Moon River - really nice combo.

AudreyNicole

I am NW15 and my here my faves:

Blooming (LE)
Blushbaby
Pink Swoon
Gentle Mineralize Blush
Pleasantry Mineralize Blush (LE)
Shy Beauty Beauty Powder Blush (LE)
Don't be Shy (LE)

I did have Petalpoint but sold it. I totally regret it. I think you would love it. It is gorgeous with a slight frost, and not over the top at all. If you like the color of Moonriver but are looking for more pigment/payoff, try and get your hands on Shy Beauty. It is similar, and so beautiful!

Tahti

I love Coygirl & Well Dressed. I recently bought Love Rock from the Grand Duos collection and its fantastic too.

glasswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleRose
ps, have you tried nars orgasm? i know it's not mac but it is just lovely on me.

I haven't actually tried it.... I CPd it for someone in a swap and when I opened it up (to make sure nothing was broken, etc), it looked amazing. So the next time I make it down to my Sephora store, that'll be the first thing I check out. Thanks for your help!

glasswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGrrl
I find Hipness to be really natural looking even though it does look quite bright in the pan. I actually really like wearing Hipness under Moon River - really nice combo.

Thank you! I am just in the middle of arranging a swap, and didn't know if I should go for Hipness, joyous, or neither one.... this'll really help me decide
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am NW15 and my here my faves:

Blooming (LE)
Blushbaby
Pink Swoon
Gentle Mineralize Blush
Pleasantry Mineralize Blush (LE)
Shy Beauty Beauty Powder Blush (LE)
Don't be Shy (LE)

I did have Petalpoint but sold it. I totally regret it. I think you would love it. It is gorgeous with a slight frost, and not over the top at all. If you like the color of Moonriver but are looking for more pigment/payoff, try and get your hands on Shy Beauty. It is similar, and so beautiful!

Thank you! That'll definitely help me. My friend gave me a list of some of the items at my nearest CCO, and they have Shy Beauty in stock! I'll be going down there this week, so I'll definitely have to pick one up
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

-Shy Beauty BPB
-If Peaches is orange on you (it is on me), try to hunt down the DC Cheek
-Blooming
-Hipness
-Porcelain Pink MSF
-Ungaro Flower Mist Dew beauty powder

In general, beauty powder blushes and beauty powders will do wonders for you. If you don't have a 187 brush, get one. It will help tremendously in making pigmented blushes go on softly enough to look lovely on pale skin. Just because something looks freaky bright in the pan? Don't avoid it! Often, these sorts of blushes (when used sparingly), will brighten your skin and wake up your face. A perm blush I like a lot of Fleur Power.

elegant-one

I'm a pale NW15

Absolutely Stark Naked! Its my #1 Favorite blush

Its a soft rosey natural pink, slight perfect gold shimmer
Fun & Games is its peachy/natural counterpart

I agree with Blushbaby
Hipness

glasswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
If you don't have a 187 brush, get one. It will help tremendously in making pigmented blushes go on softly enough to look lovely on pale skin.

Thanks so much! I always notice that people mention applying blush and MSFs with a 187 (in FOTDs, etc), but I've never tried it or even read about it because I didn't see how a brush could be so special. Now I think I'm definitely gonna have to get one ASAP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Absolutely Stark Naked! Its my #1 Favorite blush

Its a soft rosey natural pink, slight perfect gold shimmer
Fun & Games is its peachy/natural counterpart

Thank you! I'll definitely have to try to find this one
smiles.gif

L1LMAMAJ

The only MAC one I can think of is Fun & Games. It isn't very pigmented so it won't look overdone. I have it and it's easy to put a light wash on. I don't have many MAC blushes so I don't know any others.

MrsMay

I am NW15-20 and my absolute favourite blush is Stark Naked.

As it's a Beauty Powder Blush, it's sheerer so you shouldnt have too many problems with too much product, especially when applied with a 187.

Similarly, Shy Beauty is another beautiful blush, and this is also from the BPB family
smiles.gif

glasswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
I am NW15-20 and my absolute favourite blush is Stark Naked.
Similarly, Shy Beauty is another beautiful blush, and this is also from the BPB family
smiles.gif

Thanks to your suggestion and that of several other people, I just found Stark Naked and Shy Beauty (both at a CCO! Cheap! I loooove cheap....). They are so pretty
smiles.gif
Thanks for your help!

ktdetails

I'm NC 15 and I love Lillicent blushcreme and Nars Luster blush --- they look really natural on me...
smiles.gif

Modmom

I'm an NC20 and my fav blush is Well Dressed. I don't have any MSF's to give feedback on (looking into those myself these days). I also have Coralista from BE which I really like. Much better on my pale skin than Nars Orgasm.

Mabelle

my favorites right now are Orgasm blush by nars (which is my HG), Poppy convertable cream colour by Stila is gorgeous. It's a very intense poppy red, but with a very very ligh hand its so stunning.
Dame is one of my favourite blushes, as is plum foolery.
My favourite beauty powder is blush of youth (a rose romance) by far!
Favourite MSFs are poreclain pink, perfect topping and redhead (all colours mixed together)

Just for the record, you can probably pull off most shades with a light enough hand.