Favorite Blush/Beauty Powder for Pale Skin?

tina1wina13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswillow
Hi! I searched, but didn't find any of the answers I was looking for. Hopefully I'm not starting a duplicate thread or asking questions that have already been answered a dozen times. If I am, I apologize

I've been into MAC e/s & lipgloss for a very long time, but have just recently become interested in MAC blushes, beauty powders, & MSFs. I LOVE LE items, but of course, I won't be able to try out LEs from past collections before purchasing (hopefully, I'll be able to find them for sale here, on LJ, ebay, etc). So I'd like to ask anyone who has an opinion.....

What are your favorite Blushes, Beauty Powders, & MSFs for pale skin? I'm looking for shades that show up, but still look kinda natural. Also, I prefer shades with at least a little shimmer/sheen (but that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to try matte shades)

For reference.....
As far as shade intensity goes, Blooming is perfect for me
When applied without blending with the other 3 stripes, the darkest shade of both the Blonde and Redhead MSFs are a little too dark
Love Rock is waaaaaay too much for me
Moon River is lovely, but it's a little too light (love to use it as a highlighter though)

Do you think these shades are too dark/bright for pale skin? Pleasantry, Don't Be Shy, Hipness, Joyous, & Petalpoint. They look so lovely in pictures, but I think they'd be too much for me. Do you find that they can be applied to look kinda natural on pale skin, or should I leave them alone?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Well I am not a huge fan of MAC blushes, I really like the CCB Hush as a blush and Well Dressed is also great for fair skin. I really love TheBalm's blushes.

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I recommend Tenderling and Pink Swoon!

Sorry I just noticed your hair! It looks stunning
smiles.gif
xx

chiara

I love Well dressed and Dame (I'm NW 15 for reference). A few people mentionned Stark naked, and I like it too, however, I find that I need to blend it a lot or it looks too dark on me. You should also check out Nars orgasm, it looks intense in the pan, but it applies very lightly.

smellyocheese

I think well-dressed blush looks gorgeous on pale skin. Dainty mineralize blush looks awesome too if you prefer some shimmer.

If you're willing to try Shu Uemura, M Pink 33E is a beautiful color. I have a friend who is NC15... that's the best blush color for her. Also look into theBalm's Down Boy

shmooby

I'm nw15-nw20 depending on the season. The 2 blushes I always reach for when I can't be bothered to be too careful are breath of plum (which is perm) and fun and games (LE). After playing around with it a lot I've found that I can make love rock (LE) work and look really nice. Just tap your brush ONCE on the surface and blend well. Any more than that definately looks OTT on me though...

kathyp

Lately my go-to blush has been L'oreal's True Match in Precious Peach. It's a close cousin to Benefit's Georgia (but a lot cheaper).

lindas1983

I love using pretty baby beauty powder as a blush. I'm very pale and find this stuff goof proof when putting on as its such a lovely pale pinks its hard to have a heavy hand with it which is always good especially when in a hurry. It is limited edition put you may be able to pick it up at a CCO as it was part of the hello kitty collection, also i think it has been re-released with one of the holiday face pallettes.

joneskat84

I love warm soul, nuance and dainty for mineralize blushes. I used to wear sunbasque a lot and got compliments on it. If you can find it I'd also recommend stark naked bpb. I had joyous bpb and swapped it on makeupalley, I didn't find it to be very amazing. If you're open to other brands nars deep throat is amazing, I wear it all the time and it has become my everyday blush

Kragey

Many of EyesLipsFace.com's shimmering facial whips make AMAZING blushes. My personal favorite is persimmon. The trick is to apply a tiny amount to the apples of your cheeks AFTER your foundation is on, but BEFORE you powder, then blend the color in well with your fingers. Then when you put powder over top, you'll soften the facial whip and get a more natural color.

gionnetto

My favorite blush nowadays is MAC Cremeblend Ladyblush, it used to be L'Oreal Blush Delicieux in Rosewood (04).

I also used to love a diamond white compact powder from Lancome - don't remember the name! They use to sell it before highlighters were invented. It had a nice neutral illuminating finish, it would illuminate your skin without too much shine or frostiness.

Meisje

I have the peachy/pink one from Wonder Woman (peach on one side with a bright pink strip), I think it's called Mighty Aphrodite. It looks nice on my pale skin and I can always punch it up with the pink stripe.

SweetMom528

If you are willing to try a different brand I would def try out La femme blushes, much much cheaper and just as pigmented and some even more so than MAC. for 2.50- 3.00 you cannot lose. They have over 40 shades too and so many great colors from matte to shimmer. I had a ton of MAc but sold them all for La femme, saved money too :)

User38

Illamasqua's Kate... it's a pale pink with great pigmentation, matte.

MAC's Well Dressed.. pale pink satin.

voguelamb

Illamasqua's Kate... it's a pale pink with great pigmentation, matte.

MAC's Well Dressed.. pale pink satin.
I second Illamasqua Katie.

I have heard that well dressed and katie are a dupe for one another - would you say that? i am thinking of getting well dressed...

User38

voguelamb.. as far as colour goes, Katie is much more pigmented and is matte as compared with Well Dressed which is satin -- so they look different on.

I agree with you too Beautybible.. but Dandelion would be more of a neutral/peachy shade and I thought they were asking for pink.. but either way Dandelion is for very light skins. There is also Throb, which is Benefit also, but is pink.

ElvenEyes

Yep, I third Illamasqua Katie and the next one up which is Nymph. I love their blushes and each one is just a tad shade darker than the one below it. I am an NW15 and have their first 5 pinks. They are probably my favourite blushes of all my collection, though I have some beloved MAC's too. Well-Dressed, Pink Swoon, Dame, Tenderling, Gingerly, Buff, Pink Cult, Sakura and starting to work through some of their creme ones now!

I am pretty fair(NW10-15) and as far as Mac goes, i luv pink cult and oh so fair (villains collct), you should also check out Nars Deep Throat, is a really nice blush,and Nars Torrid

Edelmc

I am NW10-15 and these are my fav blushes

Pinch o peach blush
Dainty mineralize blush
So sweet, so easy cream blush, ladyblush cream blush

I also like the following and although they are LE they are from recent collections so they should be easy enough to find on ebay etc..
Play it proper beauty powder
Hang loose mineralize blush

These are also LE but might be a bit harder to track down
Porcelain pink msf
Pink Petticoat msf

and on my list to get next are....
Pink swoon, well dressed blush
gentle mineralize blush
Nars angelica blush, orgasm and copacobana multiple