Favorite Disney Movies?

kayley123

**Shoot, I see I listed One Hundred & One Dalmatians twice! Can I edit that?**
***EDITED! "Live Action/Mixed Disney" instead!***

Since we finally have news of the Disney Villains collection...How about a poll?
smiles.gif

What are your favorites, and why? Vote, and/or make a list! The poll is just for fun (only 15 options, so its not really too accurate or anything).
If anyone's interested in doing a disney character survey, let me know!
cutey.gif
I made one years ago, using *some of* the Monomyth Hero Template (Joseph Campbell). Favorite Villains anyone?
smiles.gif

Feel free to throw in Pixar ones, or just animated movies (Miyazaki?), or mixed ones (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon...), or just old ones that are all live-action (That Darn Cat, Herbie/The Love Bug, Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Absent-Minded Professor, Apple Dumpling Gang, Old Yeller, etc.)

This is my list (for the sake of simplicity, I'm leaving out Pixar and live-action ones). I have some here that I didn't even list in the poll, since I think some of my favorites aren't the more popular ones (like Hercules & Hunchback).

Favorite Disney Movies (ranked, pretty much):
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Aladdin
3. Mulan
4. The Lion King
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (okay, I know this one isn't that popular, but the music is really really good!)
6. Hercules (It's just so funny, I love James Woods as Hades and Megara isn't a typical love interest, I can't resist, it has to be on the list even though its REALLY REALLY FREAKING INACCURATE)
7. The Jungle Book--a classic, great music, great characters...my favorite from when I was little
8. Robin Hood--so I'm a sucker for hero stories...

EDIT--1/14/2012 returning to this list after a year and a half...the top 3 are now basically set. Perhaps for all-time. :)
Favorite Disney Movies (ranked, pretty much):
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (okay, I've decided the music for this one pretty much elevates it to #2. Can't help it, I love the music so much.)
3. Aladdin (needs one more good song...the ones it has are great especially A Whole New World and One Jump Ahead, but just needs 1 more...)
Things are hazy from here on...not sure about rankings
4. Mulan
5. The Jungle Book--a classic, great music, great characters...my favorite from when I was little
6. Hercules (It's just so funny, I love James Woods as Hades and Megara isn't a typical love interest, I can't resist, it has to be on the list even though its REALLY REALLY FREAKING INACCURATE)
7. The Lion King?
8. Robin Hood--so I'm a sucker for hero stories...

Just to remind you of some more:
-The Swan Princess
-Anastasia (Fox)
-Quest for Camelot (Warner Bros)

Other Disney:
-*Gasp* I forgot...
-Dumbo (Have YOU seen an elephant fly?)
-The Great Mouse Detective
-Lady & the Tramp
-Oliver & Company
-The Fox & the Hound
-The Aristocats
-The Black Cauldron
-The Rescuers
-The Rescuers Down Under
-The Emperor's New Groove
-Tarzan
-The Sword in the Stone
-Finding Nemo

I haven't actually seen all of Toy Story, and I haven't really seen anything newer than Tarzan (Though I've heard the Emperor's New Groove is really good. I want to see that one!) The only one I've seen that I haven't really liked is Toy Story...for some reason I just never ever got into that one.
But there's also Dinosaur, Treasure Planet...

EDIT: Seen The Emperor's New Groove and it's fine--not the best, but good to see; maybe rewatch a couple times. I love the Tom Jones, and wish there was more music. It would probably rise on my list if it had more music.
Also saw Tangled and The Princess & The Frog, and liked both quite a bit--more than I expected from both of them. There are a lot of problems I see though, and I need to wait awhile and rewatch both to see if they'll be lasting favorites or not.

vintageroses

HAHA I wanted to select them all! I love disney movies, most of them!
greengrin.gif

My list (I'm just shooting out names, so in no order)
1. Mulan
2. Toy story
3. Beauty & the beast
4. Cinderella
5. Little Mermaid
6. Lion King
7. Alice in the Wonderland!
6. Aladdin
8. Finding Nemo
9. Up! (oh wait is this pixar? i think it is)
10. The parent trap!!!!
11. Enchanted <3

okays i should stop, i think the list is un-ending!How can anyone not love Disney!
tong.gif

kayley123

Hahaha! You wouldn't believe how long it took me to really list mine in order; I agonized over it somewhat; it took more soul-searching than is really healthy for someone who is 24 years old
cutey.gif
cutey.gif

And I nearly always forget about the all-live-action ones, like That Darn Cat or Freaky Friday or The Absent-Minded Professor, even though I watched them constantly when I was little.

vintageroses

^^ HAHA I'm 22 this year so no diff
cutey.gif
I refuse to put them in order, I'll take 10 hours! HAHA but i know my 1st fav disney movie was def 'parent trap' my sister & i watched it a million times & never got bored!

xxManBeaterxx

2. Aladdin!! I still remember seeing this in the movie theater when i was 6 or 7 and i fell in love with the story line and the characters. I still love the songs til this day. Plus Aboo is the bestest monkey ever

LMD84

hhhmmm we have this discussion at work all the time! so my list is easy to make! we also have lists of who would we want as our best friend!

my faves are

1-beauty and the beast
2- aladdin
3- little mermaid
4- lilo and stich
5- toy story
smiles.gif
i could watch disney movies all day long! seriously!!

vintageroses

^^ hehe funnnn! & yes I could watch all day long too! Imagine if we had a specktra meeting at a cinema watching disney movies & playing with makeup. OMG DREAM LIFE?! HAHA

kayley123

When Disney Villains comes out, we should all get our stuff, then sit in front of the TV, put in a bunch of Disney movies, and play!
mac_haul.gif
cutey.gif

vintageroses

^^ Uh huh!
smiles.gif
They should have a Disney Princess collection (or not) I'll go so crazy! HAHA maybe it's good they don't have it
tong.gif

LittleMaryJane

I'm not a huge Disney fan. I do LOVE Aladdin and the Little Mermaid though. I could still watch those over and over. Been my favorites since I was little.

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I'm not a huge Disney fan. I do LOVE Aladdin and the Little Mermaid though. I could still watch those over and over. Been my favorites since I was little.

Hehe yes, its not for everyone, but I think most people have a soft spot for at least one or two of them.
smiles.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
^^ Uh huh!
smiles.gif
They should have a Disney Princess collection (or not) I'll go so crazy! HAHA maybe it's good they don't have it
tong.gif

It would be so perfect to go with the Villains Collection but I kinda doubt they'd give it to us right away. I think they might do one eventually though (...anniversary?...why am I already thinking ahead to 2011?????)

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I love mulan. And you reminded me that I have Hercules on DVD, gonna watch it today! haha

Hehe yes, Mulan for the Asian girls! (Well, Jasmine is Asian--Persian? Indian?--too but its not quite the same.)
Hehehe Hercules cracks me up with the horrible inaccuracy ("Zeus and Hera wept..."--Uh, no, Hera hated him...and she's NOT his mother...when I heard they were making it, I knew they wouldn't be able to stick very close to the mythology...they actually pretty much gloss over most of the "labors" during "Zero to Hero" which is a little odd when you think about it, but oh well...and really he should be "Heracles" since they use the Greek names for all the other characters, since "Hercules" is the Romanization of it...) BUT, it is still a fun story, and I like Meg, and Phil, and Hades is just hilarious.

Shadowy Lady

oooh I love Disney, I will forever be a little girl and adore princess' :p

This took a while but here are my faves in order:

1. Beauty and the Beast - mainly coz I loved Belle for being pretty and intelligent at the same time..she's the one I always related to. Also, I loved the message of the movie and how she loved the Beast even though he was imperfect. Great stuff to teach the kids
smiles.gif

2. Aladdin - loved this one! Abu is one of my fave characters ever...and Jaffar is so badass, an incredible vilain. Jasmin is also so exotic and had the most beautiful eyes...I also thought Aladdin was the funniest Disney movie.

3. Little Mermaid - mostly coz of Ursula and the soundtrack of this movie. I read the story of lil mermaid as a kid before the movie came out and cried for hours. I was glad the Disney version was happier.

4. Sleeping Beauty - oh how I love this movie, I must have watched it 100 times as a kid. I love the three fairies, they were hilarious, and who can forget about Maleficient! The scene with the two kings drinking is still my fave Disney scene ever!

5. Cinderella - just coz this is the one I prob watched first, I can't even remember how old I was...and this is THE Disney classic to me. Cinderella's dress rocks!

I didn't really like Lion King when I first watched it. I think I loved the ones with actual princess in them, lol! I watched it again when I was older and liked it much more.

Great idea for a thread btw
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
Hehe yes, Mulan for the Asian girls! (Well, Jasmine is Asian--Persian? Indian?--too but its not quite the same.)

The original story of Aladdin is from the 1001 Nights book which was told by a Persian Queen (Shahrzad) to his King (Shahryar) so she'll entertain him at night and prevent him from killing her. The original story of Aladdin narrated by Shahrzad was based in China. The Disney version happens in Iraq of today, which makes Jasmine an Arabian Princess (rather than a Persian one). Jasmine is absolutely gorgeous
thmbup.gif

I'm very passionate about the 1001 Nights obviousely as I am Persian. I wish Disney made another one of the stories into a movie, maybe Ali Baba? The lead female in that story is a very sexy character...

purrtykitty

My absolute favorite is Beauty and the Beast. I also really love The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and the Lion King...movies from my childhood. The Fantasias are a favorite because of the music and the visual interpretations.

I like pretty much all the Disney movies.

LMD84

oooohhh the lion king.... the's in my top 10.... really i love all disney movies... apart from dumbo. i have no interest in that at all.... liked it as a child... but not anymore.

not many people have mentioned bambi! that's a cute but sad film!