Favorite Liquid Mineral Makeup?

athena123

I have loved my foray into mineral makeup since I first discovered them a couple years go and will likely NEVER go back to the conventional stuff.

As my skin has normalized somewhat and is no longer as oily as it was, I noticed in the winter, no matter how much lotion or primer I used underneath and no matter how much I misted on top, the powdered mineral makeup looked cakey and settled into fine lines and wrinkles.

I started looking around for Liquid Mineral makeup and found a lovely supply from NCN Pro Skincare. This is one of my HG liquid MMUs, what are your favorites and why?

At first I was pretty hesitant to order because the shades are limited and I'm difficult to match (I still blend 3 different shades from Everyday Minerals to come up with a matching shade) But I was able to obtain a sample and the universal shade [light medium with pink undertones] is quite forgiving, sinking in to match my skin tone.

Coverage is sheer and light; for areas that need a little more coverage, I wait until the first layer has dried then apply another light layer. I use my skunk brush to stipple all over my face, then buff it in. Using a skunk brush to apply made a huge difference in an airbrushed finish. The ingredients in this MMU are quite lovely; I feel like my foundation is now part of my skincare routine, rather than apart or causing any harm.

FIRMING LIQUID MINERALS WITH DMAE & MSM:
Ingredients: Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Jojoba Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Emulsifying Wax, Iron Oxide, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Zinc Oxide, DMAE, Stearic Acid, Meadowfoam Oil, Carrot Oil, MSM, Konjac Glucomannan (Mannan), Rosemary Extract, Neem, Tetrasodium Edta, Citric Acid.

Those of you familiar with MAD minerals will notice the ingredients are the same. I checked with the owner of NCN skincare and it's possible they obtain their product from the same supplier. The advantage of ordering from NCN is the price, although she offers fewer shades than Mad Minerals.