Favorite NARS products for WOC

BeautyByLele

Bvenice1920 and MacHostage - Aaight y'all convinced me to scratch Kava Kava off my list ... can u guys recommend one that would be a good 'nude' color ?

MAChostage

^^BeautyByLele that's a good question. Unfortunately I don't have a Sephora near me that carries the whole line so I can only guess. Mein Herr from the same group of colors as BMD looks like something you might check out, then again it looks possibly "scary" too, lol!

sagehen

^^BeautyByLele that's a good question. Unfortunately I don't have a Sephora near me that carries the whole line so I can only guess. Mein Herr from the same group of colors as BMD looks like something you might check out, then again it looks possibly "scary" too, lol!
Destiny Godley is wearing Mein Heir in one of the photos in the link below (scroll down a bit - it's the last one): http://destinygodley.blogspot.com/2013/09/review-swatches-occ-lip-tars.html

MAChostage

Ay yi yi! Scary, I say! [quote Destiny Godley is wearing Mein Heir in one of the photos in the link below (scroll down a bit - it's the last one): http://destinygodley.blogspot.com/2013/09/review-swatches-occ-lip-tars.html[/quote]

sagehen

Ay yi yi! Scary, I say! [quote Destiny Godley is wearing Mein Heir in one of the photos in the link below (scroll down a bit - it's the last one): http://destinygodley.blogspot.com/2013/09/review-swatches-occ-lip-tars.html
[/quote] What was scary? Mein Heir? I thought the first neutral was realy scary - and she was talking about how she liked it :shock:

BeautyByLele

Ay yi yi! Scary, I say! [quote Destiny Godley is wearing Mein Heir in one of the photos in the link below (scroll down a bit - it's the last one): http://destinygodley.blogspot.com/2013/09/review-swatches-occ-lip-tars.html
What was scary? Mein Heir? I thought the first neutral was realy scary - and she was talking about how she liked it :shock:[/quote] Haha !!! They both look scary on her !! I'm passing on both of those colors

sagehen

^^LOL - I have only this to say...next time you go to Sephora, get a sample of N90 in Cover FX Oil Free Natural Finish Foundation along with the Marc Jacobs. In her defense - she was not wearing liner. She talked about the liners she would wear with it.

BeautyByLele

^^LOL - I have only this to say...next time you go to Sephora, get a sample of N90 in Cover FX Oil Free Natural Finish Foundation along with the Marc Jacobs. In her defense - she was not wearing liner. She talked about the liners she would wear with it.
Okay I'll get a sample of that next time, I have a sample of the Marc Jacobs foundation so I'll try it out this weekend

BeautyByLele

I didn't have enough of New Guinea sheer glow for a full face but I like it better than Macao . So in nars foundation I'm Macao in Sheer Matte and New Guinea in Sheer Glow

BeautyByLele

I know this isn't the thread but i swatched role play lip tar and I like it... I hope to pick it up next week... I'm going to go to an actual sephora store next week and I hope they have the full line so I can try to look at the nude colors

sagehen

I know this isn't the thread but i swatched role play lip tar and I like it... I hope to pick it up next week... I'm going to go to an actual sephora store next week and I hope they have the full line so I can try to look at the nude colors
Cool - report back if you see any good prospects. I forgot to get Black Metal Dahlia when I went this weekend. You just reminded me of this. Did you try the Marc Jacobs foundation?

BeautyByLele

Cool - report back if you see any good prospects. I forgot to get Black Metal Dahlia when I went this weekend. You just reminded me of this. Did you try the Marc Jacobs foundation?
Yes I did and I like it. It's feels really lightweight so I added that one to my foundation list. I didn't buy the nars foundation as planned yet, I still want to get them I just wanted use up a lil more of my other foundations first. I'm using my prongwear in nc50 but I think it's a lil off (looks a tad too red) probably a mix of nc45 & nc50 would be good but I don't feel like mixing..so I'm trying to hurry up and use it up.

sagehen

Yes I did and I like it. It's feels really lightweight so I added that one to my foundation list. I didn't buy the nars foundation as planned yet, I still want to get them I just wanted use up a lil more of my other foundations first. I'm using my prongwear in nc50 but I think it's a lil off (looks a tad too red) probably a mix of nc45 & nc50 would be good but I don't feel like mixing..so I'm trying to hurry up and use it up.
OK, not to tempt you, but this is another convenient reason to buy C7 Face and Body. I mixed that with my PLW foundation in NC50 until I ran out, because the NC50 PLW just looked to red on me. I got the best of both worlds, long wear and a better shade match.

sagehen

I didn't have enough of New Guinea sheer glow for a full face but I like it better than Macao . So in nars foundation I'm Macao in Sheer Matte and New Guinea in Sheer Glow
Totally random, but I was messing around on a foundation database and this is the exact recommendation. I don't know if I dare try Sheer Glow. The idea of something with the word "glow" in it on my oily face terrifies me.

BeautyByLele

Totally random, but I was messing around on a foundation database and this is the exact recommendation. I don't know if I dare try Sheer Glow. The idea of something with the word "glow" in it on my oily face terrifies me.
Yeah I have dry skin so the glow doesn't bother me... Well just stick to the matte foundation if it works for ya. Yeah that match foundation database is a nice tool and it seems pretty accurate

KaysWays

Saaaaaaaagehen... Lol !! Finally I tried the sample I had Ok here's me wearing Macao in Sheer MATTE. I don't have a sample of Macao in Sheer Glow so this weekend I'll go and get a sample. I think in the sheer matte Macao matches me.... What do u think??
be45f403_image.jpeg
d5b80c1f_image.jpeg
5c28db58_image.jpeg
Okay, I got a sample of Macao sheer glow so, I'll try it out tomorrow. I also got a sample of the Marc Jacobs foundation in #84, I wanna test that out too ... Lol
Hey Lele Looking so pretty girl. I have a sample of the sheer glow in Macao and I wasn't a fan. Now you make me want a sample of the matte one. I have dry skin so I thought glow would be the way to go even though I do prefer a matte finish. I'm headed to the city this week so I will be sure to pick up some samples of a few foundations. I'm dying to try that Marc Jacobs.
Sagehen -here's me wearing Macao in sheer glow .. Umm I think this makes me look a lil dull. What do you think ??? I think Macao sheer glow has just a tad to much yellow for me. Tomorrow I'll test out New Guinea sheer glow again
602bbe69_image.jpeg
7576fc02_image.jpeg
02d3d36c_image.jpeg
I like the matte better but they both look good.
Destiny Godley is wearing Mein Heir in one of the photos in the link below (scroll down a bit - it's the last one): http://destinygodley.blogspot.com/2013/09/review-swatches-occ-lip-tars.html
It's hard for me to find regular nude lippies never mind an OCC. I always tend to neglect my OCC collection but I want to add this red one to it. I just wore the NSFW over Riri woo on thanksgiving and loved it.