Favorite non Mac Blush

dany06

What are you favorite none Mac blushes? I know that this forum is mostly dedicated to Mac but unfortunately I cant wear any Mac facial MU. I recently tried stuff from the N collection like the natural MSF and the regular "N" MSFs. Well it never ceases to fail that every time Mac facial makeup touches my skin I break out into icky, oily, bumpy, flakey skin. Its so gross. Im a NC45 what blushes do you think will look good on me? Also what non Mac blushes do you like on yourselves?

ndn-ista

omg...i think the same thing happens to me about mac makeup. lately, i have been breaking out, im wondering if it is because of my MAC
ssad.gif

But on to non-MAC blushes, btw I am NC42/43ish...

Nars Orgasam
Nars Lovejoy
Bobbi Brown Clementine

Are you looking for more pinky/peachy/natural/dark blushes?

dany06

Nars blushes sound really intriguing, but before I spend that much money I just gotta know which one will show up on me and look good. There are no places close enough where I can try them on.

Now that you mention it, Im not really sure of what Im looking for. I think that I want more than one of them. I want one that is similar to the color I get if I pinched my cheeks or if I were flushed. I also want some type of glow but not metallic like MSFs. I guess the other one would be a natural color than bring a glow to my face but not so obvious as a blush.

dany06

Also how would Orgasm look on a NC45? I've heard that it doesnt show up on darker skin tones.

captodometer

I like NARS Mounia and Taj Mahal blushes. They will definitely show up on you: I'm NC50 and they work for me.

But I did have problems with some of the other popular NARS blushes. Orgasm, Deep Throat, and Zen didn't show up on me. And I really had to work to get Gina,Gilda, and Sin to show.

ebonyannette

I use NARS Mounia and NARS Taj Mahal I love them. DO you have a sephora near you? you can test them out there or at a Nordstrom or Bloomingdales.

dany06

Do I have a Sephora, Bloomingdales, or Nordstrom near me? Those types of question crack me up and have me laughing for days. I live in Alabama and none of those places are within my state. There is a place that sales Nars (which I found last night) but its a few hours away. Im a broke college student with no car. If I asked my friends to take me and they found out why they would turn back around for 2 reasons. 1. They feel that it is a waste to travel some distance for makeup. Because I usually dont wear makeup 2 would be because even if they took me I would probably spend hours looking and trying because I really dont know what exactly I want.

With that said that is the whole reason Im asking you guys.

Also here goes a few other questions. What on earth does Taj Mahal look like on a person of my complexion? I've seen a swatch on a very pale asian lady and it looks like burnt sparkly orange. Im scarred to even try that on. Do any of you have pictures with this on that I could see?

Just from looking at the swatches on the pale skinned asian and looking at the nars website I find that I really like Torrid, mata hari, angelika, and deep throat. Would any of these look nice on me?

user68

Aside from MAC I love NARS blushes, especially in deep throat.

Maybe you should try some mineral brands instead since the MAC blushes dont go with your skin? My current favorite would be Pure Luxes Razzberry but there is some other good brands like Fyrinnae and Everyday Minerals. (Plus they're cheap and you can order online)

doniad101

Hey Dany!

Well my favorite blushes are:
Milani Sunset Beach (nice neutral, bronzey terracotta color. great for summer/fall)
Milani Plum Parfait (gorgeous plum shade with slight shimmer)
Milani Mango Tango (bright pink coral blush...use only ever so slightly...it has shimmer)
Milani Wine and Roses (one side is pink, the other side is a plum pink...slight shimmer)
Milani Cherries On Top (one side light frosty pink, other side is reddish pink)

All of the milani blushes I have named are very pigmented so using a skunk brush is helpful.

Although these blushes are discontinued in the store you can still find them here: BestBeautyOnline.com

Now my other favorites are:

NARS Crazed (bright pink w/ shimmer...you NEED a skunk brush or a light hand with this)
NARS Mounia (cinnamon color w/ shimmer...once again you NEED a skunk brush)
NARS Torrid (peachy color w/ shimmer. It'll be a nice touch of peach for your skin tone. Tracy Ellis Ross (Joan from Girlfriends) wears this blush and if your around the same complexion as her, it'll look gorgeous on you.
NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush (GORGEOUS!...has some golden shimmer but its just beautiful coral pink.)
NARS Gilda (peachy coral color, but can be a pain to try and show up...but once shown up on the skin, its pretty...it has no shimmer)
Smashbox Smashing Publish blush (pink coral...has no shimmer and pigmented, so use a light hand)

Well those are my favorite for now.

Well now on to your picks:
Mata Hari is okay but it's a little on the cool side so is Deep Throat and Angelika.
Taj Mahal is a burnt orange. Dont be afraid of it because if anything, it'll just give you a orange tint of color that would probably look great in the fall. Thats one color you should try before you buy, so if you see someone on here selling it below retail, I think you should go for it.

Hope this helps!

user79

I really love Nars Desire, Gilda & Amour blushes! I also love BB Clementine, and the Peony shimmerbrick.

For your colour, I would suggest the more intense Nars blushes like Crazed, Mata Hari, Taj Mahal....

I wouldn't recommend Orgasm for your skintone.

glamqueen1

I love my Nouba blush, no45, coral pink. That would look great on your skin! I'm not sure, though, if it works on sensitive skin. maybe you should speak to a dermatologist?

Luinathiel

Non MAC blush?....Nars Orgasm, of course, Cargo Tonga, Clinique Pink Patchwork. I owned all of them, and Nars Sertao that is in my Wish list

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany06
What on earth does Taj Mahal look like on a person of my complexion? I've seen a swatch on a very pale asian lady and it looks like burnt sparkly orange. Im scarred to even try that on. Do any of you have pictures with this on that I could see?

901744.JPG