Fell asleep, woke up with 56 tattoos

cazgh

Re: Felt asleep, woke up with 56 tatoos

I remember being young and daft and thank god I never did anything as permanent as that. And to regret it so soon after doing it - I kinda feel sorry for her she has to live with this for the rest of her life.
ssad.gif

Mabelle

Wrecking balm, as far as i have heard doesn't work very well. And ive done a lot a research considering I'm in the process of getting Laser Removal treatment. Also, i dont know if i would want to use any creams that break down ink. I duno what else it woul do to me.

Not all places make you sign paperwork. Some just give you a consent saying that you are of age and agree to being tattooed. Obviously not all contracts are the same.

The place i went to didn't make me sign a contract (and it wasn't some hole in the wall sketchy place, i had been tattooed there before and pierced there) I just didn't do enough research with the artist i chose, and didn't listen to my gut feeling telling me to go somewhere else. I have spent about 1000$ and about a year removing it, and probably have another year to go. It is extremely painful, but you have to deal with it and i have accepted my share of the responsibility that goes along with it. Looking back, there were a fair few things i could have done to prevent this, but i ignored them. It sucks, but it's life. My tattoo looks a lot better than it originally did, and i will be able to fix it up and get something nice out of it in the end. But for now it's a learning experience. And i consider it karma for all the awful things i have done in my life!
I actually really look forward to my removal sessions! I have one coming up next week
smiles.gif
yay! And the article gives false information about scaring. I have not had any at all. Obviously some people will (if they're prone) or don't follow healing care, but a lot of people don't have any.

If this girl really is lying (and i dont want to flat out say she is, speaking from someone that had an artist that didnt listen, or seem to care) she should just buck up. Yes, i know its a horrible feeling to have something perm. on you that you hate. I get it. It feel likes your life is ruined. But with removal she can get rid of it. Suing isnt going to help anyone.

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
And finally, I could sleep through a tattoo.

I nearly did fall asleep getting the one on my upper back...felt sooo good, like someone was scratching my back
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
look at her belt.

she's lying, based on her belt alone LOL

LMAO!
th_LMAO.gif

Iris

I (Iris' husband) have eight tattoos myself, one of which I suffered through two hours in a chair for, and sleep was the last thing on my mind for even the least painful one.
th_LMAO.gif
Sounds like a case of buyer's remorse; she looked in the mirror when it was all said and done and panicked.
nope.gif
And just like most everyone else on the thread, I also had to sign a release form for my work.

Tahti

All I can think of is that she must have been out of her mind on some kind of drug. That tattoo is VILE also.
Having never had a tattoo, I wouldn't know about pain levels et cetera... I know my friend dozed when she was getting her back piece done, but on your FACE?! Right next to your eyes and ears? Vibrating through your skull/jaw? No f*ing way!

Stupid girl for even going and asking for a tattoo on her face in the first place, IMO. If you're fully into body mods, fair enough, but she just looks like an average everyday person...

Also, I don't have a clue what the artist was thinking, I reckon there's fault on both sides. Every single one of the tattoo artists I know will not tattoo necks/hands, and I think if you asked them to tattoo your face they'd just laugh at you. He can't have possibly thought that she'd actually WANT something like that?!

That tattoo, or rather the idea of a facial tattoo, will now haunt my nightmares. I bet you tomorrow I'll wake up screaming after dreaming I got a piece of pie or a lampshade tattooed on my face or something.

Makeup Emporium

I find that it didn't hurt at all getting a tattoo done. While I didn't fall asleep I can certainly see how it would be possible to fall asleep getting it done. I had mine done right on a bone, supposedly one of the most painful spots, and it just sort of tickled I guess I would say. Not painful at all.

Having said that I also don't believe her story for a bit. First I had to sign a contract. Then the artist did a mock-up of the picture and placed it on me so I could see exactly what it would look like first. Only after all the was agreed upon do they actually start the work. I mean even if they didn't do the mock-up how hard is it for her to draw a star and hold up 3 fingers???

Not to mention the fact that the price for 3 and 56 are certainly VERY different. Tats are not all that cheap!

Definitely buyers remorse...it looks terrible!
th_LMAO.gif

miss sha

Total BS, that girl is lying through her teeth. Even if there is a language barrier, there are sooo many ways she could have communicated exactly what she wanted--like a PICTURE maybe? Ugh.

Definitely a case of her thinking she had an awesome idea, then realizing how wrong she was when everyone started laughing in her face. It sucks that she's stuck with something that vile on her face, but it's jacked up that she's trying to blame someone else for her stupidity.

TISH1124

^^ Exactly...3 stars takes ohhh 30 mins ...Did she not wonder why in the hell she was on the table for 2-3 hours ...Oh but she was sleep....I guess the other people in the shop were quiet as church mice ....My guys blasts rap music the whole time...so funny....he is this white guy that looks like a hard rocker/ biker...so I asked him if he was playing rap just for me ...he was like nope this is all me...and he knew every damn word to every song...I on the other hand know No rap...lol

blindpassion

Shes full of lies!

That story isnt believable for a second.

She obviously doesn't have the highest IQ and only realized AFTER how messed up it was.

Macnarsandlove

she was probably high as hell/drunk if she didnt feel that. what a moron.

quote from the article:
"Jules Clocher, a Belgian psychologist, said: 'The trauma this girl must be feeling is indescribable. She feels like a circus freak - and no wonder, because she looks like one."

i forget the whole world isnt pc. ahhhhh, so refreshing.

CantAffordMAC

Ive never had a tattoo on my face, but depending on where it is, I could sleep through one too. The one on the back of my neck didnt hurt at all, neither did the one on my hand that bad.

I didnt click the link, but I doubt she'll win. I dont know of any tattoo shop or artist that would screw with someone like that. You have to sign a form, and the artist signs it and it says where you are getting tattooed and what ur getting done.

CantAffordMAC

LoL she looks ridiculous

Weird enough this makes me want to get another tattoo so bad.
sigh.gif

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
You have to sign a form, and the artist signs it and it says where you are getting tattooed and what ur getting done.

Not saying she's not lying, but again, not every shop has the same rules. A lot of places don;t use forms. And not all forms concern what the tattoo will look like or where it will be. No form was mentioned in the Article. Had she filled something out stating 3 stars, im sure it would be mentioned.

i know for 2 couple of my tattoos i have never had to fill anything out.

hrockstar

she's an idiot.
I doubt anyone "sleeps" that deeply to not know the diff between "near my left eye" and "my whole dang face"
With or without assistance...if she was on something that would aid in passing/blacking out how would she have communicated anything in any language other than slur-drool-and-babbleish? (most tattoo artists that i know of won't work on anyone under the influence...at least alcohol since it thins the blood)
someone said they felt sorry for her....she wasn't kidnapped and tattooed just a dumb girl that made dumb choices....*her* choices.

two words: personal responsibility!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
HA! If she really didn't ask for it, then I am Donald Duck!

Kwak!

graucho.gif

As much as I think she's a liar, the tattooist should have used his own common sense. No tattooist I know would EVER tattoo someones face/hands if they don't alreay have many tattoos and have thought about the design long and hard (where I used to work we sometimes wouldn't even tattoo wrists/necks if the person was barely over 18 and has no other tattoos).
For a tattooist your reputation is the most important thing you have, you don't want people walking around with a horrid tattoo telling people YOU did it. The fact he tattooed that monstrosity in the first place (regardless of if she wanted it) tells me I'd never even consider him for a tattoo.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleanorDanger
As much as I think she's a liar, the tattooist should have used his own common sense. No tattooist I know would EVER tattoo someones face/hands if they don't alreay have many tattoos and have thought about the design long and hard (where I used to work we sometimes wouldn't even tattoo wrists/necks if the person was barely over 18 and has no other tattoos).
For a tattooist your reputation is the most important thing you have, you don't want people walking around with a horrid tattoo telling people YOU did it. The fact he tattooed that monstrosity in the first place (regardless of if she wanted it) tells me I'd never even consider him for a tattoo.

This brings up the exact point I was just going to mention...no tattoo artist worth his salt is even going to entertain the idea of tattooing your face if you're not heavily tattooed (and running out of room!) to begin with. I'm decently covered in them myself, and aside from the fact that I'd never get my face tattooed...I know damn well that none of the artists I go to would DARE go near my face with a tattoo machine unless I seriously had nowhere else to put it...and even then, they'd try and talk me out of it. And like PP mentioned, most places with reputable artists won't tattoo your hands/wrists/neck unless you've got a good amount of ink on you anyway.
So as much as I think the girl is lying through her teeth, and is just upset because she realized AFTER the fact, that she's an idiot...the tattooist is partially to blame for getting himself in the situation in the first place. He never should have agreed to tattoo that girl's face. No way...no how. Hell, there were piercings I wouldn't do on people if they didn't already have a couple...it's the responsibility of the tattoo artist/piercer to make sure the client is informed, and has really thought about their decision, as well as considered the possible repercussions.
If you modify your body in some way that's going to be noticeable (ie. NOT a belly ring, or a playboy bunny on your hip, etc), you have to be prepared for the fact that people will stare and also judge you (whether it be positively or negatively) based on what they see. If you can't handle people making assumptions about you, or whispering amongst themselves about the fact that "all those tattoos make her look trampy", then DON'T do it.
Ok...I'm done...LOL sorry.

Tahti

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleanorDanger

EXACTLY. What on earth was he thinking?! I'd say his reputation is going to be pretty messed up after this...
Fair enough if the girl had actually into been into extreme body mods, like the tattooist himself (who likes kind of scary to me ;/ no offense to anyone, but I like modification in moderation!) but she just looks so completely normal. Either he was high, she was high, or she has amazing powers or convincing and manipulation.