Fewest ingredient makeup?

h987

Hi,

What is the healthiest makeup you can buy?
I'm looking for something with very few ingredients.
I don't wanna keep putting toxic crap on my face.

I'm mainly interested in something that can cover redness
while being all natural with few ingredients.

I've considered making some myself, but i don't know
if thats gonna be doable.

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

shellygrrl

Staff member
It is the amount of an ingredient that makes it toxic, not the ingredient itself. Even too much water is bad for you. (Let's remember water is a chemical, too.) That said, one can be allergic to any kind of ingredient - synthetic or natural. (No, natural is NOT always better.) The only real "healthy" makeup would be none at all, if the scaremongers were to have their way in the world. But they're full of it, IMLTHO. Your main bet would be to look at brands that offer loose powder foundations, mainly those from indie brands sold on Etsy. Many sellers offer samples so you can try it out. I think you could even use them wet, for additional coverage. (edited because I forgot to mention I moved this to Recommendations)

Winthrop44

Hi,

What is the healthiest makeup you can buy?
I'm looking for something with very few ingredients.
I don't wanna keep putting toxic crap on my face.

I'm mainly interested in something that can cover redness
while being all natural with few ingredients.

I've considered making some myself, but i don't know
if thats gonna be doable.

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Have you tried mineral makeup at all? If you're looking for the fewest ingredients they might be something to look into. This is one I used a long time ago when I was into MMU.

http://www.alimapure.com/collections/face/products/satin-matte-foundation

But that said some people can't tolerate mica. Everything you put on your face is very YMMV.

Try RMS beauty. All organic, and very few ingredients. THe products are also actually beautiful, and really good quality and pigmented. Not sure how they do it with so few ingredients, but its definitely worth checking out.
I love the un-cover up. I am on my third jar! The Blush, bronzer, illuminator and eye shadows are also great.