Finally a dandruff solution!

User67

So this is kind of embarrassing to share, but I had a really huge dandruff problem. It was a problem when I had longer hair, but I guess the longer hair kind of masked it a little bit. But, then when I cut my hair short there was no way of hiding it. I tried all kinds of scalp treatments & moisturizing shampoos from the beauty supply stores. Nothing helped & some even seemed to make the problem worse. It was really frustrating & I was seriously thinking of just making an appointment with the dermatologist to get some of a prescription shampoo. But, few weeks ago when I was on vacation with my husband he saw that I had washed & dried my hair & that it was just full of flakes. So, he suggested we get a bottle of Selsun Blue & I figured I had nothing to lose, the worst thing that could happen is that it just wouldn't work like everything else. Can I tell you that it has made such a huge difference?! Like, if you compare my hair now to what it was like a month ago it's like night & day! I have NO flakes! I can comb through my hair without it looking like a snowstorm lol! The only problem with it is that I have AA hair & it dries out my hair. So what I do is I first wash my hair with my regular moisturizing shampoo, rinse it. Then go in with the Selsun Blue & try to just concentrate it on my scalp & not put it through the rest of my hair too much. I finish off with a really good deep conditioner. I probably sound like an info commercial, but I just had to share this with you ladies. I really thought I would never find a solution to this problem & I can't believe how much a $7 bottle of shampoo has changed my life lol! If any of you ladies have dandruff issues, you have to give the Selsun Blue a try!

BaDKiTTy69

I have this problem sometimes too, when the heater in the house is on or an air conditioner, it dries my scalp so much. So next time I will try this, thanks.

nichollecaren

Selsun blue cost me a whole head of hair once! What you can do is apply the selsun blue to your scalp only, and a moisturizing shampoo on the ends, and deep condition everytime!

TISH1124

My dh has always used Selsun Blue and it does work...Just always make sure to rinse it out good....

Glad you found something that works

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
Selsun blue cost me a whole head of hair once! What you can do is apply the selsun blue to your scalp only, and a moisturizing shampoo on the ends, and deep condition everytime!

Yup, that's exactly what I described in the above post that I am doing
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

I agree... it does a great job. What I do is only use it once a week or as necessary. I agree on the tips above to only use it on your scalp.

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
Yup, that's exactly what I described in the above post that I am doing
smiles.gif

ohhh yeah, u right! LOL Somehow I didnt quite get it the first time I read it lol

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
ohhh yeah, u right! LOL Somehow I didnt quite get it the first time I read it lol

No problem! Now that I have the dandruff under control I might even start using it every other Shampoo & see how that works out. I wash my hair once a week & I am hoping to get it down to where I just use the Selsun once a month because it's so drying to the hair. I just have to experiment & see how long I can go without using it.

makeba

i am glad you found something to work for you. why not try to do a hot oil treatment after you use the selsun blue shampoo this will add moisture to the hair. i also use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with 10-12 ounce of water and run it through my hair as a rinse and this is awesome for the scalp and hair. it brings the hair back to its proper state. for an oil treatment you can use coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil and place a plastic cap on your hair and let it sit for about 30 min to an hour and rinse with warm water then cool water to close the cuticle. see if this helps, nothing beats a failure but a try!!!! also products like hair mouse, hair sprays can wreck the hair too so be careful.
stay beautiful!!!