Finally I can wear COLOR again!

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orodwen
i'm going to agree w/ chels on the brows. i'm really diggin' these.
smiles.gif

& omgosh! tomato is the 1st one of those that caught my eye & yours are the 1st decent pics of it i've seen in use. WONDERFUL!!!
greengrin.gif
now correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the pink iridescence gloss LE or disc?

Thanks hun
smiles.gif
I know we haven't got a shipment of Pink iridescence in awhile so it just may be discontinued. I hope not though! I <3 it over Femme Forever and Hot Tomato. . .

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsfynestmami
Flawless Risa... :thumbsup:
I notice you use the 224 a lot for your crease. I have a really hard time getting a controlled application out of this brush, and since it's so soft it's hard to saturate the color... any tips?? The MA at my local counter told me to close my eye, put the brush in the crease, open the eye, and brush back and forth in a wiper motion... but I just make a mess & the color looks splotchy.
th_dunno.gif

How are you using your 224? Because it's soft, and dome shaped with a tapered tip, I find it to be the perfect brush for a soft crease application. Lift your chin up when you look in the mirror so your eyes are open and you can see what you're doing, but your eyelid is flat. Start in the outer corner and "dig" just the tip of your brush into your crease while moving the brush back and forth in a windshield wiper motion. Also, one thing I've noticed when teaching people, is that they hold the brush too close to the metal part. Try holding it farther back. It might feel like you have less control, but your brushing lightly, not drawing the crease on so you don't need to hold it so far down, like a pencil. And you're only using the tip of the brush, not the whole thing. I've seen people drag the entire brush back forth and it doesn't work. Do you kinda get what I mean? If I have time later today (I'm off work for once), I was planning on writing up a little "tips and tricks" thing. Not necessarily a tutorial but yea. I'll take pictures of how I hold my brush and what not.

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcarsandfreedom
omygod. i am from canada and i was actually in sanfran last weekend, in macys in union square.. on saturday!!!!!!!!!!if u were there that woulda been so weird!

Ha! I like your signature
winks.gif
But yea I actually had the past weekend off for the first time in almost a year. So no, I wasn't there . . .

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa
How are you using your 224? Because it's soft, and dome shaped with a tapered tip, I find it to be the perfect brush for a soft crease application. Lift your chin up when you look in the mirror so your eyes are open and you can see what you're doing, but your eyelid is flat. Start in the outer corner and "dig" just the tip of your brush into your crease while moving the brush back and forth in a windshield wiper motion. Also, one thing I've noticed when teaching people, is that they hold the brush too close to the metal part. Try holding it farther back. It might feel like you have less control, but your brushing lightly, not drawing the crease on so you don't need to hold it so far down, like a pencil. And you're only using the tip of the brush, not the whole thing. I've seen people drag the entire brush back forth and it doesn't work. Do you kinda get what I mean? If I have time later today (I'm off work for once), I was planning on writing up a little "tips and tricks" thing. Not necessarily a tutorial but yea. I'll take pictures of how I hold my brush and what not.

I would love it so much if you did a tips and tricks thread! I'm thinking of getting a 224 brush as i have no crease brush or brush specifically for blending (although i have the 239 which you can blend with but it's more for placing colour), the one thing i'm worried about with the 224 is that my eyes and eye lids are really small and so i'm worrying it might be too big to use on my eyes and be able to have control and achieve neat blending. You think i'm right in thinking that?

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I would love it so much if you did a tips and tricks thread! I'm thinking of getting a 224 brush as i have no crease brush or brush specifically for blending (although i have the 239 which you can blend with but it's more for placing colour), the one thing i'm worried about with the 224 is that my eyes and eye lids are really small and so i'm worrying it might be too big to use on my eyes and be able to have control and achieve neat blending. You think i'm right in thinking that?

Hmm, lemme find a picture of you. Because I've yet to have a problem using it on anyone - except a 9 year old girl who wanted to "play".
smiles.gif

EDIT - Nah your eyes should be fine. You just don't have as much browbone space as some people, whereas I have more than most people . . .

prsfynestmami

Quote:

Hey - thanks a lot for the advice.
smiles.gif
It's hard to explain how I'm using my 224 so I took a picture:
web224.jpg

I place the 224 like so and just brush it back and forth along my crease. I see what you mean about the "soft crease application" - I get more blending out of this brush than real color application.
th_confused_new.gif

Anyway, can't wait to read your Tips&Tricks, you're great for doing that.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Hmm, lemme find a picture of you. Because I've yet to have a problem using it on anyone - except a 9 year old girl who wanted to "play".
smiles.gif

EDIT - Nah your eyes should be fine. You just don't have as much browbone space as some people, whereas I have more than most people . . .

Thanks! I was 99% sure i wanted the brush but now i'm 100%!

Lol when you said you'll go and look at a picture of me and then said you've seen it, i was like ''where did she go and see a picture of me?!
icon_eek.gif
" and then realised i posted EOTD once and you must have found that and seen my eyes! Yeh i have real trouble applying far enough up the lid as my eyelids are so small and because i'm scared of applying too near the brows, but now i've made them a little bit thinner i feel i have more area to work with but it's still a problem for me. Today i thought i applied far enough but nooo.. I think the 244 will help in that aswell as i can blend sheerly upwards and not be scared of having too much strong colour near the brows.

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsfynestmami
Hey - thanks a lot for the advice.
smiles.gif
It's hard to explain how I'm using my 224 so I took a picture:
web224.jpg

I place the 224 like so and just brush it back and forth along my crease. I see what you mean about the "soft crease application" - I get more blending out of this brush than real color application.
th_confused_new.gif

Anyway, can't wait to read your Tips&Tricks, you're great for doing that.

OKay this is how I hold my 224:

hold224.jpg

and I pressed harder than I normally would, just so you could see, but anchoring the 224 underneath the orbital bone and wiggling your wrist in small circles will place color on the outside of the lid/crease and diffuse it at the same time so that it's blended. (excuse yesterdays leftover makeup lol)

orbitalbone.jpg

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
I was proud of my makeup today until I saw this!!
ssad.gif

I have sooooo much to learn, your skills are amazing woman!
eyelove.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth. I always thing my m/u looks good until I see SonRisa. Just amazing.......and I love the natural one too. Your freckles are so cute
smiles.gif

HeartOfSilver

I was told by an MA that redheads shouldn't wear lots of super bright colors, it can look garish...
Remind me to print this off and send it to her
winks.gif

blueyedlady87

I bought the 224 b/c people say its great for the crease. But I had such a hard time getting concentrated color. I ended up with minimal color everywhere except my crease! Lol! I tend to use the 242 to get right into the crease and then I blend w/ the 224. But I am going to try it again tomorow using your technique. i would love to see a tips/trick section from you, it would be killer!
smiles.gif
BTW- those FOTDs are amazing.

prsfynestmami

Quote:
OKay this is how I hold my 224:

hold224.jpg

and I pressed harder than I normally would, just so you could see, but anchoring the 224 underneath the orbital bone and wiggling your wrist in small circles will place color on the outside of the lid/crease and diffuse it at the same time so that it's blended. (excuse yesterdays leftover makeup lol)

orbitalbone.jpg

Yay... well that helps a lot. I have to blend a TON since my brows are so high. I will post a FOTD tomorrow so u can see my "results".
graucho.gif
Thanks Risa!