Finding a colour match in Studio Fix Fluid!

elleread

Hi,
I'm really struggling to find a match in SFF foundation - i LOVE the coverage it gives and the 'flawless' finish- but the NW20 (which I was matched to a while ago) is just too dark and too orange on me- the MA said it would even out the redness I get on my cheeks and chin, although I am really pale! Also, my neck is way paler than my face so it can be hard finding a comprimise. (I was previously matched to a NC100 in HyperReal - it was awful and made me look really ghostly!)
Have posted a pic- anyone got any suggestions? Or should I just give up on hoping to find a match in SFF ?
thmbdn.gif

thanks!
DSCF0888.jpg

trollydolly

i was matched nw20 in studio fix fluid and it was slightly too dark for me, not really that noticable but i could notice it. anyway i then purchased it in nw15 and it was perfect, u could ask for a sample of that?

cinnamongurlee

studio fix fluid colours run a little dark. i am normally NC 30 or 35, and had to get NC 25 as a colour match. definitely check out the same formulation in NW 15 and see if that works a little better for you.

elleread

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopsydaissy
Sorry. Wish I could help. But I just had to tell you how beautiful your eyes are!

Oooh, thanks!
yahoo.gif

that's made my day!

I'll go and check out the NW15- hope it's just not as damn orange as the NW20. And i think some new eyeshadows may be in order too...
tong.gif

Angelah

NW20 is not going to take away any redness in the skin.. the undertones in the NW's are pink.. they will play off the red. If you want to take away redness, you need to use an NC -- which has yellow undertones that will cancel out any redness. From your photo I'd say you are no darker than an NC20. If the NW2 was a tad bit too dark for your skin, the NC20 should be perfect. NC's run about a shade lighter than the NW's.. for example.. I can wear an NW25 but also a NC20. Hope this helps!

ya, I find that's a big problem with a lot of MAC MUAs... since they don't require formal training, a lot of them can't tell the difference between a cool, neutral, and warm skin tone.. the result is, they find a colour match, but not a tone match.. and you end up looking orange.
I don't know their colours well enough (and would never use FIX unless it was under huge heavy lights like in a photoshoot... what its actually just supposed to be used for), but I can tell you that you should never use foundation to try to neutralize redness. If a good concealer isn't enough (designed for a heavier spot coverage, as opposed to a foundations use of evening out lighter tone differences), then you'll need a green colour corrector first.
Anyway, if you do go with Studio FIX.. please use some sort of illuminator with it! FIX is designed to give the skin and unnatural matte finish in front of the camera, and that mattifying effect looks too flat in every day light.

elleread

Thanks- that's really interesting. Yes it does look very orangey on me. Perhaps I should just look for something else. Who does good foundations for pale (dry) skin?
Also, can anyone suggest a green colour corrector- i've never used one, don't know where to start! That is my biggest problem, hiding redness, concealers don't work well on me as they always go really dry and just accentuate the problem.

trollydolly

i just wanted to add something, make sure you really blend the foundation out. the 187 brush is perfect. i find if i use a standard foundation brush it can be really heavy looking