Finger Paints nail polish

ksaelee

i just bought my first finger paints nail polish from sallys yesterday...and i am having problems!!! ok, i did my nails yesterday before going to work, this was an hour ahead, thinking my nails would dry by then, well, they didn't and they smudged and got indents and there was horrible air bubbles on all of my nails!!! i did not shake my bottle or do anything i wasn't suppose to!! this is a brand new bottle, no seperation of color or sticky consistancy....its actually very liquidy and applies streaky...so i added 3 layers...i've done this with opi and cg, and don't have problems...but what the heck?!!! it's the new bikini yellow color from the summer collection...what am i doing wrong? anyone else have problems?

mindlessgapgirl

make sure you clean the nail properly - i use acetone on a qtip brushed over each nail to remove any oil residue (this usually causes bubbles for me). when polishing, do 3 thin coats - i let mine dry for 2 minutes between each. when it comes time for top coat, i let my nails dry about 10 minutes, then i do a coat of regular top coat (i use revlon colourstay) and then while that is still wet, a coat of Seche Vite overtop. Seche is an amazingly shiny quick dry top coat but it is important that you use it on wet polish, otherwise it peels right off. I find it works best to use a regular top coat underneath because Seche has a tendancy to "shrink" around the edges of the nail if used alone over polish. The nail care board on Makeupalley is great if you have questions about nails/polish. Good luck
smiles.gif