First Day (freelance) tomorrow!

Aremisia

Hello all!
So it's my first day tomorrow working at the MAC counter at my local Macy's store. I'm pretty nervous-i know i'll be applying makeup for people who scheduled appts for the Hello Kitty event. But I'm so afraid that I'm going to be in over my head! At least I've had a chance to look over the product, but I feel so uninformed on MAC product compared to the actual part-and full-time employees. lol
I've had a ton of customer service experience, some with beauty/body products so I'm not shy, and I think that I'll be ok with asking what people want in their look--just hoping that my interpretation is what they were looking for! I do love the palates though, so I think I'm going to have fun getting paid to play with them on other people instead of my face over and over.
And as a sort of side note, I'm kinda freaking out about MY look! hehe...sometimes I almost wish we could be nudists so that I could stop worrying if I was "trendy" or if my ass looks fat in the pants I chose for the day!
tong.gif

I'm a newbie here--this is my first post besides the "welcome" board. So PLEASE! any advice, I'd love to hear it!

bartp

Trust your customer experience. That will always be a good guide.
The best tip I got when I started to work freelance at MAC (and esp. when you do applications) is this one: take your time investigating what your customer wants, don't rush that part. It will calm you and your customer down and guarantee your success
good luck !

Aremisia

Thanks for your good wishes!
It was an awesome day.
th_thstars.gif
I only worked a short shift, but got to apply and get "hands-on" with a few people. They all seemed really happy, and everyone except the first girl ended up buying some of the product that I had showed them!
I was thrilled with the girls that I worked with--they were all super nice, and were great about letting me really interact with the customers while being really willing to answer questions on prices and advice on colourmatching and best formulas for foundation.
When I first got there, my manager took me and another girl into the back room and helped us call in our hours. After that, I went out on the floor and got ready to work. I was booked with a person right when i got out on the floor, but they were a no-show. One of the other employees was doing a makeover on one woman while her sister watched. The sister looked a little jealous she didn't have an appointment, so I asked her if she would like me to try out one of the HK quads on her. She was so excited! I was really lucky that she was my first customer at MAC--we got along really well, and she was great to work on.
All in all, it was an AWESOME first day--I can't wait for another event, and fingers are crossed that I get called back soon!
th_wink3.gif

X_cinderella_X

^^ That's great to hear it went well! And good on you for using your initiative and offering to try the HK on the other girl!

Aremisia

Thank you all so much! Now I'm just bummed cause big launches like that are so few and far between. I can't wait for the next one!