First EOTD (Meet the Fleet/Pandamonium/Silver Ring)

midori

I've been iffy about posting an EOTD since I'm a total n00b at this whole makeup thing. Although I've been using makeup for years I've only recently started trying to do things "correctly". To put things in perspective, I bought my first set of proper makeup brushes just last October :p

BUT...I've been going through a lot of other EOTD/FOTDs and have noticed how some members who've been posting for a while have had noticeable improvement over the space of several months (and many FOTDs) so I thought it'd be nice to keep my own record here...and hope that I'll eventually show some improvement as well
smiles.gif

Eyes
- MAC Silver Ring e/s
- MAC Pandamonium e/s
- MAC Meet the Fleet e/s
- MAC Shroom
- UDPP

Lashes
- Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base
- Imju Fiberwig Mascara

Eyebrows
- Body Shop clear brow/lash gel (doesn't work that well but it's all I have right now)

Eye Detail (no flash)

eotd_20080513_01.jpg

eotd_20080513_02.jpg

eotd_20080513_03.jpg

Full Face (w/ flash)
eotd_20080513_04.jpg

So, constructive criticism welcome!

Oh, and keep in mind that I've been wearing this makeup all day...about 12 hours passed between the time I applied it and the time I took photos :p

mzKEL_RENEE

gorgeous...
im not an expert, but i think you would be able to see the color more if you applied it a little bit above your crease as well... thats just my opinion tho... but nonetheless, you look great... and im soo jealous of your skin!

midori

mzKEL_RENEE: Thanks for the tip! I guess I'm always afraid of my makeup coming off as "too much" so I always use a super light hand when applying above the crease on workdays :p But when I look at myself in photos or in natural light I can barely see anything...! I may try extending the color a bit now
smiles.gif

Baby Mac/MzKEL_RENEE: Haha...thanks! I think the flash disguised all my large pores/uneven color/flakiness though...so it's all an illusion
winks.gif

n_c

Agree with the poster above about the crease thing...you'll get the hang of it. Nice fotd
smiles.gif

christal24

hey girl great job, I agree with the other girls, dont be afraid to add a little more color, I have the same kinda asian eyes as you. When I apply liner on you can barely see it, so I have to make a thicker line. With time you will find that you wont be so afraid to add more colour higher up so you can see it, right now you can barely see the e/s....but good work so far

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by midori
...and hope that I'll eventually show some improvement as well
smiles.gif

You will....I love Specktra for being a great resource for helping me improve my skills and keep up with the trends....

Congrats on your first EOTD. Love the es combo....Very nice!