FIRST EVER FOTD - July 4th

simplykat

I've been lurking about just admiring all the talent here on Specktra... and I've finally decided to come out of my shell :) You guys are amazing!

Anyway, I did some patriotic makeup for a family thing I was going to... it's really messy and rushed & my camera really washes out the colors (it's a lot more vibrant IRL)... disgrace for a first FOTD, I know! Sorry!

WARNING: My brows are HORRENDOUS right... venturing on Frida Kahlo's famous unibrow. I'm growing them out to reshape :)

Here we go:
dsc00315crg1.jpg

See the brows I was talking about? They're about to conjoin. & the star was starting to smear already.. boo!

dsc00319crz9.jpg

Ok, so the red doesn't really look like red.. it's more like a redish-pink. It's the closest I had! haha.

dsc00280cad6.jpg

dsc00328cyt8.jpg

I do that face a lot... haha. The puckering, i-wanna-kiss-you face.

dsc00337cer1.jpg

see? I even got my baby sister doing it. haha.

FACE:
Neutrogena Liquid Foundation in Toasted Honey & Golden Honey
Physician's Formula Loose Mineral Powder in Natural Beige
Rimmel Blush in Bronze

EYES:
UDPP
MAC Vanilla Pigment
MAC Crimsonaire Shadestick
MAC White Frost e/s
Milani Blue Ice e/s
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

LIPS:
Vaseline & clear lipgloss (a cheapy one)!

I kept running back and forth from my bathroom to my computer to make sure I got all the products right. haha. Thanks for looking and CC is welcomed :)

simplykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
i like how festive your look is especially since it doesn't scream red, white and blue!

hahah thanks.. i was going to a family thing, so i didn't want to look like TEAM USA!

simplykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvonneTheBlond
AWWWW KAT!!! OMG.. I gotta start posting on here! I love your makeup.. I need a FOTD so I can post it.. GRRRR!!

yeahhh. get to steppin' on that! :)

stephie06

i do that face a lot too! lol
smiles.gif

i like the colors on you. they make your pretty brown eyes stand out more!