first stila purchase

loveoontherocks

After looking at pictures of Stila products and reading reviews, I decided I really want to purchase something from the brand. Any ideas what my first purchase should be?

anita22

It kind of depends on what type of products you like really.. they're probably best known for their eyeshadows, lip glazes and convertible colours (dual lip/cheak color) so those are good places to start. Stila is hard to find where I live but personally my favourites are: Eyeshadows in Starlight and Golightly (both neutrals), Peony and Gerbera convertible colours, and lip glaze in Grapefruit. I'd also check out their holiday sets & items - they're good value and a nice introduction to the brand. I have the holiday lip glaze set and if you like sheer, everyday colours it's a great set.

LionQueen

I'd only ever bought a lipstain from stila a long time ago, but i got the Stay All Day liquid eyeliner in black today and Im loving it. Very black line, really easy to use- i highly recommend :)

Mercurial

Convertible colours are great, very wearable colours and last too. Kitten eyeshadow is quite a popular iconic product of the brand, this is a peachy champagne colour that is very shimmery-people either love it or hate it but if you want a shimmer highlight/eyeshadow this is perfect. I find the lipglazes nice but most of the colours are too sheer for me, their other lipglosses are nice and moisturising though.

Would also be worth at this time to check out Holiday sets as they often have great eyeshadow palettes/convertible colours for a reasonable price.

Hilde

Their eye shadows are great, so I'd look into those. I have kitten, heater, wheat, cloud and mystic and they're all pretty. But it depends on what you like, they're all very everyday wearable color which is what I like. The lip glazes are also nice if you like that type of application(you twist the bottom until it comes out at the top where there's a brush.)

mmarlbo

They have great shadows, convertible colours and lip glosses in a varied range of colours. As mentioned above, the popular favourite is Kitten. I actually don't like wearing it as an eyeshadow (very shimmery) but it works so well as a highlight.

myluckypenny

I agree w/ Kitten being the eyeconic eyeshadow - That was one of my first purchases, and even though it's loads frosty, I <3 it for the inner tear duct/highlight.

Convertible colours are great, very wearable colours and last too. Kitten eyeshadow is quite a popular iconic product of the brand, this is a peachy champagne colour that is very shimmery-people either love it or hate it but if you want a shimmer highlight/eyeshadow this is perfect. I find the lipglazes nice but most of the colours are too sheer for me, their other lipglosses are nice and moisturising though.

Would also be worth at this time to check out Holiday sets as they often have great eyeshadow palettes/convertible colours for a reasonable price.

User38

Stila has great eyeshadows.. that is true.

But for "juicy flocked lips" ... I have tested their new long wear Liquid Lip Colours..I particularly love Fiery and Caprice -- gorgeous colours... need a bit of balm to make them juicier... but great great long wear colours
hatsoff.gif

User38

Kitten is really dupeable -- both in the tablet and gel form... in fact Kitten in the Smudge pot, looks like the Champale pp's.. hi frost, little colour.

makeupcupcake

I made my first Stila purchase recently at of all places, Costco. I picked up their All about Eyes kit with Starlight & Storm e/s, LashMajor Mascara and the best e/l I've ever used. Their Kajal liner in Onyx is awesome. I've heard about it for so long but for some reason never believed the hype. Boy was I wrong. After putting it on all I could think of was, "Wow this is the liner I've been searching for all my life". I love, Love, LOVE it. So happy I made this purchase. I'm going back to get the other kit, same liner and mascara but 2 different e/s. At $12.97 you cannot beat the price. The liner alone sells for $22. I priced the kit at Sephora and sold separately it would cost about $76.00. Unfreakinbelievable!!! They also have a 30 e/s palette with some lipcolors, blush, bronzer and a different e/l. It sells for $20.00 but online reviews give it a thumbs down so I may take a pass on that one. They usually sell the lipglazes in multi packs too. I'll be on the lookout for those when they come back. In the past I've seen kits with Kitten in it and passed on it too. Next time I'll pick it up.

I'm such a late bloomer to Stila but so happy I found their eyeliner.

dixie

I'm slowly getting into Stila myself! A while back, I bought 2 of the Lip Glazes (Vanilla and Apricot). I love the finish of them, but the colors are so sheer! Just last week, I found the It Girl palette at Ulta and was so excited. I love the shadows!!! Now I'm wanting to get the Convertible Color...just not sure what shade. I'm very fair with blonde/gray hair and blue eyes. According to the site, the color suggestions for me are Peony (day) and Lillium (night). Any thoughts/suggestions from y'all would be great!

anita22

I'm slowly getting into Stila myself! A while back, I bought 2 of the Lip Glazes (Vanilla and Apricot). I love the finish of them, but the colors are so sheer! Just last week, I found the It Girl palette at Ulta and was so excited. I love the shadows!!! Now I'm wanting to get the Convertible Color...just not sure what shade. I'm very fair with blonde/gray hair and blue eyes. According to the site, the color suggestions for me are Peony (day) and Lillium (night). Any thoughts/suggestions from y'all would be great!
I've not tried Lillium but I have Peony and it's a beautiful nude pink that would work on pretty much any light to medium skintone. It goes with just about anything really. I find that not all of the Convertible Colour shades work that well on lips, but Peony is nice on lips too.

Mabelle

Stila's Kajal pencils are really nice for the water line. Uber pigmented and creamy, but they do smudge.
The smudge stick pencils are amazing. they too are very pigmented, but are SO lonwearing.
the new liquid eyeliner pens are really nice. I think im gonna get the black and brown.
the lip and cheek stains are nice, but you need to test the colours in person. Cherry is ok for the lips for me, but not the face. Pomegrante is the perfect lip and cheek colour. Yum berry works on both for me, as does coconut. Raspberry And Acai are too pigmented and bright imo.
Ive heard fantastic things about their new Primer, and the customizable blush.

The convertable cheek colours are great, a little goes a lloonng way.
Love the lip glazes. they are sticky, but very long wearing

User38

stila: smudge pots, glosses and long wear gloss ls, creme blushes and of course the kajal pencil
heart.gif

SUMM3RxBABii

I think the smudge pots are over hyped, personally. My first purchase was the cream color pan blush in Stila that I got at Nordstrom Rack and I still love it to this day. So try some of the blushes, they're very pretty but don't get the Make Me Blush.

Agreed! I would order the Kitten eyeshadow. It's a good neutral for almost any skin tone. I think the first Stila product I bought was from ebeauty.ca and it was the lip plumping glaze. But for your first product, I would definitely suggest getting an eyeshadow to get a feel for the texture/blending/quality of their products.

shklnyk

Stila convertibles are my favorite.
They can be used as cream blush or on your lips..
so pretty and easy to use.