• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

First tutorial! A COMPLETE basic face application! Eyes, contour, and lips. PIC HEAVY

LeeanneMarie

My first tutorial! I didn't realize how much work these things are, sheesh! I started off doing a FOTD at 1 in the morning but it turned into this. I did this instead of working on my Stanford application.... *sigh* but I can't procrastinate forever.

I took way too many pictures but overall I'm happy with it. This is a basic look that you could wear everyday. It's perfect for beginners, especially the eyes. Contouring is always optional but I did it in this tutorial because I wanted to use my new duo from Sculpt and Shape
winkiss.gif

I apologize in advance for all of the random glitter on my face! I was playing with pigments before I did this tutorial and I guess I didnt get it all off
ssad.gif
I also apologize for the disgusting eyebrows. I have an appointment this week though, I haven't been in a looooong time.

I didn't realize I used this much stuff but here it is:

EYES
MAC Shadestick in shimmersand
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
Sable eyeshadow
Creme Royal and Honeylust eyeshadows (from the metallic eyes pallette)
MAX factor volume coture mascara

FACE
Accentuate/Sculpt duo from Sculpt and Shape
Rimmel blush in Apricot (I love this!)

LIPS
Chapstick in spearment (a classic I can't live without)
Sephora gloss lipstick in No. 79

DSC01250.jpg

Start with a clean face...

DSC01073.jpg

apply shimmersand shadestick as a base over the eyelid and crease. I like to leave the browbone alone because I like my hilighters to be subtle. Blend out any harsh lines with your ring finger

DSC01074.jpg

Grab some Sable on your 217 brush

DSC01076.jpg

Apply in the crease and a little on the lid, blending as you go.

DSC01079.jpg

Other side...

DSC01084.jpg

This is what you have so far.

DSC01088.jpg

Using any ol lid eyeshadow brush (this is from the costco brush set) pick up some honeylust. Watch out for fallout!

DSC01092.jpg

Apply to the naked part of your eyelid, blending slightly into Sable.

DSC01096.jpg

This is what it should look like.

DSC01102.jpg

Grab some creme royal with your favorite highlighting brush...

DSC01104.jpg

Apply it on the browbone.

DSC01109.jpg

Also apply some in the inner corner (tear duct) of your eye.

DSC01247.jpg

This is what you have thus far...

DSC01110.jpg

Now its time to contour! This is optional. Grab some of the darker color with your 168 or an equivalent.

DSC01113.jpg

Sweep it just below your cheekbones. You have to make the standard kissy face... it helps I swear!
winks.gif

DSC01115.jpg

Oops! at this point I realized I forgot to line my eyes so lets go back and do that with the Teddy Eye Kohl.

DSC01126.jpg

Apply on the waterline, almost to the very inner corner but not quite.

DSC01128.jpg

Apply Teddy on the upper lash line, making a wing at the end and connecting it with the lower lash line. (ignore the fact that I look like I'm dying in this picture... lol)

DSC01131.jpg

Mascara time! I used MAX factor Volume Couture.

DSC01137.jpg

Apply. Don't forget those tiny little inner lashes!

DSC01142.jpg

Yay, the eyes are done!

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

Ok, now to finish our face. Lets highlight using Accentuate.

DSC01150.jpg

Apply this with your favorite highlighting brush (this is a cheap version of the 188 from the Flirt! line). Make a "C" shape around your eye from the temple to the top of your cheekbones.

DSC01151.jpg

Grab some Rimmel blush in Apricot with your 129.

DSC01157.jpg

Smile big, and then pat the color on to the apples of your cheeks, dragging the brush out to your temples after you do so.

DSC01158.jpg

If you have an oily T-Zone like me, apply your blot powder.

DSC01161.jpg

Skip this step if you don't need it.

DSC01163.jpg

Yay, the face is done!

DSC01167.jpg

I always like to apply chapstick before I apply any other lip product. It makes application smoother, ESPECIALLY with lip liners! Otherwise they tug and apply unevenly.

DSC01175.jpg

We're going to keep the lips simple today. Grab your Sephora gloss lipstick in No. 79. If you don't have one of these, GET ONE! They are so great, especially on the go! I can't rave about this enough.

DSC01176.jpg

Apply the gloss lipstick. If I were using a regular cream lipstick I would apply a lipliner before this step but after applying chapstick.

DSC01178.jpg

And you're all done!

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

Thanks so much for looking! I hoped I helped someone out.

Loveleighe

you are so cute and that was really impressive for your first try. l loved it and your hair is fab. no go fill out that application

QTAllStarGurl

i like this alot nd i really love ur hair as well....i want some of those sephora lipsticks now ...i always look at them but i never buy one..i will now!! Thanks for the tut its great!!!!