Fluidliners as mascara?

eyeshadowfreak

Has anyone tried applying any of the Fluidliners as mascara using a lash fan brush? Did it work well and hold a curl?

I've been wondering about this, but I don't have a lash fan brush so I can't try it!

Demosthenes

I do it! I like it especially with the bright colors like Blue Peep, Sweet Sage. and Waveline. Depending on the effect, I'll either use a mascara wand (you can also save your old wands from tubes you've thrown away, and just wash them out) for regular application, or for a really dramatic look, I'll apply thickly with 212-the flat definer brush (just sweep the color on vertically, and it will apply thickly) and then I separate with a clean lash brush.

RussianSexpot

At your local beauty store (I know here is predominantly Sallys), they have little bags of tester applicators, kind of like how MAC does..they have mascara wands - it's like 20-30 for $3-4 bucks, and you could just rinse them afterwards if you really wanted to save them...Whenever I'm using bright lipsticks or something (like red), I don't want to get it in my regular lip brush so I just pull one of those out..they also carry spatulas for mixing colors and stuff like that.....

mich.

eyeshadowfreak

Thanks ladies! I'm gonna try it like that
smiles.gif

Jillith

So how'd it go? Did it hold a curl? No smugding? Color payoff? The curiosity, it eats away at me!
winks.gif

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillith
So how'd it go? Did it hold a curl? No smugding? Color payoff? The curiosity, it eats away at me!
winks.gif

YES!! We need more details!!

AND PICS PLEASE!!

alt629

i did it today - after reading this of course! i liked it alright. i used blacktrack so i didn't have any color sassiness going on, i guess that's the only reason i would do that over regular mascara.

Demosthenes

Quote:

When I do it, I curl my lashes first, and it works wonderfully. There is some smudging, especially when it's humid or raining out, but the color payoff is pretty good with Blue Peep, Royal Wink, and Sweet Sage. Frostlite looks icky, as does Macroviolet. Dipdown, Rich Ground, and Blacktrack all kind of look like regular mascara, so it's not really worth it.