Flying regulations and does anyone live in Wichita

brandiisamonkey

So my job is sending me and another girl to Wichita KS to help with the opening of their Bonefish grill. and Ive NEVER flown before. Im nervous about flying but more nervous about my makeup. Im going for 2 weeks, what should I know? should I not check any of my mu? and I know that you can only have a quart sized bag of cosmetis? is that right or did that chage? Also does anyone live there and wanna hang out one day lol Ill be there from the 4th though the 18th
smiles.gif
thanks so much. Tips and info appreciated!

giz2000

First of all...enjoy your trip! You can take small (under 3 oz) bottles/containers of lotions, creams, etc. in a quart-sized ziplock bag. To be on the safe side, I would check the rest of my makeup in my luggage and just carry a few things to get you through the flight (powder, lipstick or gloss, eyeliner). I recently flew and had no problem with the makeup in the ziploc.

Have a nice time!

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
First of all...enjoy your trip! You can take small (under 3 oz) bottles/containers of lotions, creams, etc. in a quart-sized ziplock bag. To be on the safe side, I would check the rest of my makeup in my luggage and just carry a few things to get you through the flight (powder, lipstick or gloss, eyeliner). I recently flew and had no problem with the makeup in the ziploc.

Have a nice time!

thanks so much!

And Ive heard horror stories of people with lost luggage... how likely is that to happen? Cause I would die if I lost any of my makeup lol id rather loose anything else as most of what I have cant be replaced... you think it will be safe being checked?

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Brandi!
Here is a link to the TSA for permitted/not permitted items.
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm
Have a safe trip! I'm also going out of town and so leary about packing my MAC. I think I will bring on what I know for sure is ok and pack the rest in some bubble wrap in a makeup bag. I'm more concerned about it getting stolen/broken.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
thanks so much!

And Ive heard horror stories of people with lost luggage... how likely is that to happen? Cause I would die if I lost any of my makeup lol id rather loose anything else as most of what I have cant be replaced... you think it will be safe being checked?

I have never lost any luggage (not to say that it doesn't happen). If you're concerned, then don't take your entire collection. Just take a few things that you wouldn't be too crushed to part with, God forbid, something would happen to your bags (those things happen more with international flights that domestic ones).

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
Hi Brandi!
Here is a link to the TSA for permitted/not permitted items.
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm
Have a safe trip! I'm also going out of town and so leary about packing my MAC. I think I will bring on what I know for sure is ok and pack the rest in some bubble wrap in a makeup bag. I'm more concerned about it getting stolen/broken.

Thanks Dawn! I had read that but
smiles.gif
my concern is they dont say anything about pressed and loose powders like pigments and eyeshadows... do you think those are ok? or should I just pack those anyway?

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to call the airline I am flying with, as that was one thing I was curious about. I would be SO pissed if they took my eyeshadows. I am taking the minimal amount of makeup with just to be safe.