FNO Chanel Exclusives

ButterflyDior77

Finally a Lip swatch I did for Chanel La Provocante.... Sorry I was in a rush... Didn't get a chance to scrub and lipbalm ahead of time... Which I need to do.
As my lips are dry and this lipstick clings to that.

elegant-one

Finally a Lip swatch I did for Chanel La Provocante.... Sorry I was in a rush... Didn't get a chance to scrub and lipbalm ahead of time... Which I need to do.
As my lips are dry and this lipstick clings to that.
I think it looks perfect/great on you! I'm bummed...they took them off of the site :(

lenamonster

noooooooooooooo  I haven't heard that yet but ugh nooooooooooooooooo 
Oh man. Have you heard anything else? I called last week again and they still said they would ship it as soon as they have it. I think I'm just going to call them and tell them to cancel everything. It's been 2 weeks!

ButterflyDior77

I think it looks perfect/great on you! I'm bummed...they took them off of the site :(
Thanks... I need to go buy some lip scrub and or remember lip balm before wearing this...

I tried the free sample of Perfection Lumiere in 32 Beige Rose ... I think it was a tad dark , but it was definitely the wrong undertone for me.
Way too pink/salmon on my skin. I can only do beige/neutral or ones that pull a bit yellow... MAC NC20 is my color . I had to quickly powder some NC20 mac over it to help balance out the pink almost reddish color it added to my skin.

I'm not sure I was even impressed with the foundation itself. I think it is too matte/satin for my normal/dry skin.

shontay07108

I have normal/dry skin, too but I found a way to make the foundation work for me and I love it. First of all, you need a kick ass moisturizer. Second, use thin layers and go in lightly with your brush. Don't use too much powder and I use a little of Mac's fix+. Also, I find the longer you wear it, the more it adjusts to your skin.

ButterflyDior77

I have normal/dry skin, too but I found a way to make the foundation work for me and I love it. First of all, you need a kick ass moisturizer. Second, use thin layers and go in lightly with your brush. Don't use too much powder and I use a little of Mac's fix+. Also, I find the longer you wear it, the more it adjusts to your skin.
Thank you. I will try that. Next time I'm in need of a foundation , I'll go to the counter and see if their new color range will suit me (as a few years ago I got Matt Lumiere and it was too light and pink undertone) ... Which at the time that seemed to be their downfall... The pink undertone foundations. They just don't work for me. So yeah, if it works I'll give it a go.

I really want to try vitalumiere or Vitalumiere Aqua... For me I like/need a light to medium coverage with a satin to dewy finish. I can handle a light-med matte if it is the right shade .

elkaknits

Oh man. Have you heard anything else? I called last week again and they still said they would ship it as soon as they have it. I think I'm just going to call them and tell them to cancel everything. It's been 2 weeks!
I heard last Saturday, the 14th, that they had gotten one lipstick and one nail polish and would ship those out to me {I ordered two sets and btw the lip and nail that they got were not from same set} that day and would ship the rest of my order when it arrived. To date I have not received a tracking number of any sort however my card did get charged this week. I skipped BI coll tho I was real tempted by e/s and np since I don't want to be fretting over 2 orders from same place at once.

Thanks to Karen's review I am now skipping the e/s entirely. Still cogitating on how often I would wear a brush strokey frosted light blue np~~ actually the answer is never but the np fiend in me says buy! buy! buy! I just know that in a year or two somebody is going to show it off on a NOTD post and I am going to lemming it hard.

mtrimier

Well. The sneaky people that they are, I finally got charged for the lipstick. (I think they found out i had auto work done today and wanted to sneak it in while the card was HOT! lol!).

maybe i'll get this provocative tube o color before thanksgiving. :p

Mizani

I had mentioned this in the MAC Yung Rapunxel thread but I thought I would mention it here too. For those looking for a possible dupe for the La Provocante lipstick, try Iman's moisturizing lipstick in shade Wild Thing. It is a nice deep pinky-purple meaning it leans a little more on the warm side. Plus it is only $10 at Ulta. ;)

Also, this is a tip I learned a little while ago regarding exfoliating lips. You don't have to buy a fancy lip scrub or anything. Just take your favorite facial soap and work up a lather on your lips. Take a pinch of table sugar (NOT SALT) and work it into the the lather. You just need to rub gently and you can feel it immediately working on removing the dead skin. Rinse and you are through. Your lips will be smooth as a baby's bottom. I suggest doing this at night before you go to sleep so you can follow up with your favorite or most moisturizing lip balm so it can absorb into your lips all night while you sleep. When you wash your face in the morning, your lips will still feel nice and hydrated. Works like a charm.
heart2.gif

ButterflyDior77

I had mentioned this in the MAC Yung Rapunxel thread but I thought I would mention it here too. For those looking for a possible dupe for the La Provocante lipstick, try Iman's moisturizing lipstick in shade Wild Thing. It is a nice deep pinky-purple meaning it leans a little more on the warm side. Plus it is only $10 at Ulta. ;)

Also, this is a tip I learned a little while ago regarding exfoliating lips. You don't have to buy a fancy lip scrub or anything. Just take your favorite facial soap and work up a lather on your lips. Take a pinch of table sugar (NOT SALT) and work it into the the lather. You just need to rub gently and you can feel it immediately working on removing the dead skin. Rinse and you are through. Your lips will be smooth as a baby's bottom. I suggest doing this at night before you go to sleep so you can follow up with your favorite or most moisturizing lip balm so it can absorb into your lips all night while you sleep. When you wash your face in the morning, your lips will still feel nice and hydrated. Works like a charm.
heart2.gif
Thanks so much for the lip tip... I shall try that!!!

Seems MAC shipped Yung Rapunxel to me... Not sure if I'll keep it, if it is similar to Provocante in color.. Although I love their amplified formula.

CartoonChic

Thanks so much for the lip tip... I shall try that!!!

Seems MAC shipped Yung Rapunxel to me... Not sure if I'll keep it, if it is similar to Provocante in color.. Although I love their amplified formula.
I didn't find the colors to be similar at all. La Provocante has more red and is matte.

CartoonChic

heart2.gif
I also create my own homemade lip scrub. I mix brown sugar with olive oil. Another trick is to use your toothbrush to gently scrub your lips.

Haven

Has anyone figured out a liner that works well with La Provocante? I don't seem to have anything that works well in my stash.

Sweetoothj

Has anyone figured out a liner that works well with La Provocante? I don't seem to have anything that works well in my stash.
Chanel Grenat Lip Pencil or MAC Vino or Currant Lip Pencils :)

ETA: I just realised that Grenat was LE so you wont be able to get it now, perhaps Amarante or Rouge Noir?

elegant-one

Not the right thread but I couldn't find the other one,

I tried Apparition (the darker blue es) for the first time today & I love it on. It has a real beautiful depth of color to it. I used it over my usual MAC Root just up the the crease & then used MAC's Sparkle Neely Sparkle from the crease up. SO beautiful.

shontay07108

Thank you. I will try that. Next time I'm in need of a foundation , I'll go to the counter and see if their new color range will suit me (as a few years ago I got Matt Lumiere and it was too light and pink undertone) ... Which at the time that seemed to be their downfall... The pink undertone foundations. They just don't work for me. So yeah, if it works I'll give it a go.  I really want to try vitalumiere or Vitalumiere Aqua... For me I like/need a light to medium coverage with a satin to dewy finish. I can handle a light-med matte if it is the right shade . 
Be extra careful when you try out colors, too. I was fooled into getting the wrong one. It looked great at first, but stepping into better light after some time passed, the undertone was wrong. It was too red. Subtle differences that really count. Make sure you're in good light.

Slimmycakes

I'm so late to this party, but I passed by a Chanel counter and they had all three sets on display. I only asked about La Provocante which they had in stock and I was able to get Provocation. Excuse my newbness to Chanel makeup but the packaging is quite nice, a girl could get used to it! The lipstick is not as dark on me as ButterflyDior777 but it i very much buildable and sets to a nice stain. And I never been so excited about a polish before that I think I may actually do a matching mani/pedi for once. Malice is definitely next on the list.

CartoonChic

I'm so late to this party, but I passed by a Chanel counter and they had all three sets on display. I only asked about La Provocante which they had in stock and I was able to get Provocation. Excuse my newbness to Chanel makeup but the packaging is quite nice, a girl could get used to it! The lipstick is not as dark on me as ButterflyDior777 but it i very much buildable and sets to a nice stain. And I never been so excited about a polish before that I think I may actually do a matching mani/pedi for once. Malice is definitely next on the list.
I'm waiting for Malice too. I was told by my counter that they're getting the collection in around the end of October.