Football Tickets

starangel2383

I dont know if this is just me being weird but i just saw that one of my friends spent 650.00 on a pair of orange bowl football tickets. i know that on this website in particular us makeup connoseurs (sp?) tend to spend insane amounts of money on cosmetics but we use those cosmetics. how many times are you going to use that pair of tickets when the team that you are rooting for may possibly lose?

please tell me that im not crazy in my way of thinking. i know it is the National College football game to determine whether the Florida Gators or Oklahome will be crowned champions for this year but come on 650.00 dollars on seats that may not be good?!

TISH1124

To tell the truth ...I know people who have paid more...I guess if you are a fan...you are a fan....We have paid a lot for NBA PLay-off tickets but we knew exactly where we were seating.

*Stargazer*

I've paid more than $650 for college football tickets on several occasions. It's no different from anything else people love.

rbella

I know people who have paid more for the OU/UT game. I think I would, if I had the money. The experience would be cool.

s0_fam0us

I was ready to pay almost that much PER TICKET for front row, center floor seats at the Jay-Z concert in NJ in October, buuuut they were sold before I could click "buy".

I still regret second guessing my decision.

The way I see it though, and the reason I spend RIDICULOUS amounts of money on concert tickets, is that material posessions I may lose, get stolen, get sick of... but I'll always have the memories of what happened at that concert. And I know it sounds corny, but that means more to me than the material posessions.

Although I do save all my ticket stubs.

And I've got some really good concert pics (not from Jay-Z... but Usher!) if anyone wants to see
smiles.gif

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I know people who have paid more for the OU/UT game. I think I would, if I had the money. The experience would be cool.

I've paid close to 2K for Texas/OU tickets before. It was worth every penny.

Beauty Mark

It is kind of odd she doesn't know where the seats would be, but people have done far crazier things. Don't tickets to see Madonna or Paul McCartney go for a lot of money?

As long as she has the money, I don't see a problem. People have different interests
smiles.gif

whittt8

If I had money to spend I would pay that much for tickets to watch my team. The Ohio State and that team up north (Michigan) tickets are usually crazy expensive and it's a regular season game. I love college football, so to me it isnt that crazy, lol. I hope your friend at least as a decent seat, lol.

ticki

it's not so much that it's a one time use type thing. it's the experience of being there. watching your team play. win or lose, it's exciting to be there live and witnessing the action. cheering your team on and hoping that they will come out on top. you're feeding off the energy of thousands of fans like yourself and contributing to the excitement. you really have to be a sports fan to appreciate it.

purrtykitty

Given the amount I spend per year on makeup alone, I'm not going to judge someone for paying to see what is sure to be a spectacular game. Even if she's sitting in the nosebleed section, the experience is probably well worth every penny. I will just watch the game in the comfort of my home in front of my 60" HDTV.
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittt8
If I had money to spend I would pay that much for tickets to watch my team. The Ohio State and that team up north (Michigan) tickets are usually crazy expensive and it's a regular season game. I love college football, so to me it isnt that crazy, lol. I hope your friend at least as a decent seat, lol.

Go Bucks!!!
yahoo.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Given the amount I spend per year on makeup alone, I'm not going to judge someone for paying to see what is sure to be a spectacular game. Even if she's sitting in the nosebleed section, the experience is probably well worth every penny. I will just watch the game in the comfort of my home in front of my 60" HDTV.
greengrin.gif

With your MAC on
yahoo.gif

whittt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Go Bucks!!!
yahoo.gif

O-H-I-O! LOL. We Buckeye fans are an interesting breed, lol.
th_DANCE.gif

starangel2383

okay i guess i can see all of y'all point on spending money on that once in a lifetime experience. im just not into sports as much as the rest of my family. i support whatever teams they go for but thats about it. i mean my brother and his wife met while attending design school at the university of florida. we are pretty much a family of gator fans. that was one of the first things my niece learned to say when she was learning to talk was "go gators" my brother, the brainwasher lol.