For the MAC collectors

oracle1

1) How big is your collection? rough numbers of each product.
About 225 eyeshadows
winks.gif
(I depot them all and place them in the 15 pro palettes in color groupings.... example: dark pinks, teals, coral/peach/)
thmbup.gif
, About 15 pressed pigments also in the palettes.

6 lipsticks, 3 blushes, 6 lipglass, 20+ brushes, 1 travel case, 10 postcards, 4 eye liners, 1 shadestick, 2 paints, 1 fluidline, 1 brush cleaner, 1 make-up remover, 2 concealers...I sure there is more, just cant think of it all right now.

2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at?
Lol, MAC didnt even have a website when I started collecting. I started in the late 90's. My cousin first introduced me to MAC.
choochoo.gif

3) Do you give yourself a budget each time?
No, I need to

4) How often do you buy MAC?
Not as much as I once did. I pretty much have my collection where I want it . I mainly collect eyeshadows
5) Do you sell off any of it?
I have swapped in the past. I am going to start selling off some stuff soon.
ssad.gif

6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it?
Sure have, a coulpe of times

bebs

my collection is growing (large) and is consisting less and less of mac (though mac more then makes up for 90% of it at this point) I have a few blushes from Benefit, some things from Cargo a little bit from Dior (and omg I want more) Some from Nars and will be getting more from Nars more then mac, and Stila, and it will be growing more from other brands here sooner then later, as I'm branching out and finding other great brands.

with mac however, once the new collections release the rest of the pigments, I'll have 142 of those (all of them full sized) some glitters in mostly sample sizes, all the shade sticks, 14 or so of the paints (including the small ones) a handful of lipglass & lusterglass and chromeglass about 32 of all the types, about 12 lipgelee's, my lipstick about 20 some one tubes, 13 or so lip liners and counting, paint sticks.. need to get at least one more, 6 fluid lines, and 6 paint pots, 34 eyeshadows, and 24 blushes from all different brands, most of the mineralized eyeshadows and a most all my brushes are mac (2 smashbox brushes)

I think thats most of mine... I'm probably forgetting something here or there, but I've been collecting.. on and off since '04, and make up long before that just it was drug store brands before hand.

I try to budge a little bit, give my self an idea of what I think I want, a lot of the time when it comes to normal collections I tend to over budge, however with these last few I've gone way over what I would like to have spent, and one or two things dont really look that great one me.

I buy Mac about once or twice a month.. however in the past months before this I was only buying mac not even that much, I bought a bit from Fafi and one thing from heatherette and nothing up until this point.

before I sell something I clean it and then put it away in my closet for 2 - 3 months and if I dont reach for it within that time period it is okay to be sold.

yes from time to to I feel like what am I doing with all this and the pigments with all the colors overwhelm me and I tend to go with just a plain face without much color, however I'm slowly going out of this again as I have more time to get ready in the morning again so it seems a bit of both, its a cycle I have gone though before and will keep going though, but at least well I'm uninterested I can spend my money on other things.

tripwirechick

1) How big is your collection? Hmm.. 71 e/s, 32 pigments, 7 glitters, 11 paint pots, 7 fluidlines, 16 assorted liners, 16 blushes, 4 iridescent pressed powders, 9 beauty powders loose/pressed, 43 l/g, 17 l/s, 4 msf, 4 glimmershimmers and all my assorted everyday stuff and skincare!
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I have been collecting for 5 years and was 17 when I started.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? I make a list of the things I want, and try to stick to it, but don't give myself a budget. The list can consist of 10+ items sometimes!
4) How often do you buy MAC? At least once a week
5) Do you sell off any of it? I have sold some stuff.. like a couple of backups, stuff I bought into the hype of even though it didn't suit me or things that I have just lost interest in.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Some days I really can't be bothered doing any make up.. but that's what neutrals are good for! Make up is definitely my passion so I will never lose interest.

rmcandlelight

very small--1 foundation, 1 blot powder, 1 lustre glass, 3 eyeshadows, 1 mascara primer, 1 lip pencil, 1 paint pot
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? Just started at the age of 47 I'm a late starter.
smiles.gif

3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? i write down what i want and then i'll go to the store to see it personally
4) How often do you buy MAC? I'm just starting so i probably be buying every pay day. I'm almost finished on buy drugstore cosmetics. Loreal, Milani , nyx.
5) Do you sell off any of it? No, everything I buy is for me.
smiles.gif

6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? No, I'm just getting started.

bell21

1) How big is your collection? 14 eye shadows, 1 quad, 2 lipsticks, 4 lip glosses, 6 fluid lines, 7 brushes
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? started in march of this year so 4 months, 23.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? lol I should, but no. I usually go in with a list of stuff in my head and it goes from there.
4) How often do you buy MAC? in spurts, I'll buy a bunch of stuff one week and then nothing for a couple months, my last buy was Hatherette. Cool Heat is next
winks.gif

5) Do you sell off any of it? No, I only buy stuff I want and know I will use.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Nope.

sharkbytes

1) How big is your collection? 52 eyeshadows, 8 blushes, 2 MSFs, 12 pigments, 2 Fluidlines, 2 Paint Pots, 3 Cream-Color Bases, 9 lipsticks, 5 glosses, and a few beauty powders and foundation. Oh and brushes, but not all of those are MAC
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I've been buying makeup since I'm a teenager, but I really started buying a lot of MAC when I was about 23 (I'm 26 now)
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? No, and I really should
4) How often do you buy MAC? I don't just buy for the sake of buying, I use everything so whenever I need a new color or a fresh mascara. Maybe once every two weeks or so
5) Do you sell off any of it? Nope. Occasionally, I'll swap something if I really didn't like it, but I don't buy to sell.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? I go through phases where I don't buy as much, but I never lose interest in wearing makeup

TDoll

7 e/s palettes (I need to stop!...but don't want to.)
roughly 20 pigments, 2 glitters and countless samples of both
a drawer of MES and LE palettes
Roughly 50 lip products, a few liners
20+ brushes
a drawer full of paint/paint pots/fluidlines
1 blush palette, a few bronzers, a few MSF's and Iridescent powder, sculpt&shape
a drawer of random powders/foundations, both face primers
Some LE bags and collectible stuff (but not much)
...and I'm stopping because I keep thinking of extra stuff, but this could go on and on!

I think I bought my first product like 4 or 5 years ago
It got crazy this past year...lol

Not so much a "budget", but I like to go with a purpose...knowing what I'll buy, and usually I'll get twice as much as I expected
th_dunno.gif

A lot.

nope

nope

Mabelle

15 palettes = 5, 3 quads, 3 mes, in total about 85 MAC shadows. Aprox. 12 of other brands
12 pigments, 20 pigment samples,
5 fluide line and 2 l'oreal hip liners
16 blushes (all differnet brands)
4 msf
12 eye liners varying brands)
6 mascara *varying brands)
4 eye primers/bases (varying brands)
10 lipsticks (not including my glominerals ones)
4 lip liners
14 lip glosses
34 brushes
A book of 18 pressed powder foundations (glo minerals)
4 loose mineral foundations
samples of liquid foundation
3 concealer
various samples/sample sized products

2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I started to collect at 19... so 4-5 years!
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? no. i'm awful like that.
4) How often do you buy MAC? It depends on my mood. Sometimes i go into manic MAC mode, when i spend like a she devil. Other times, like now, i just wait for new collections and plan ahead.
5) Do you sell off any of it? no.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? When collections that bore me come out. I usually dislike summer collections. Also during busy times at school, when i dont have time to put on makeup.

peachy pink

I consider myself as a beginner
winks.gif

Like 8 e/s, 8 brushes, 1 bronzer, 3 l/gs, 3 l/s. And products from benefit etc.
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? Since March 2009
winks.gif
so not quite 6 months.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Yeah, most of the time. And I mostly keep it. Try to.
winks.gif

4) How often do you buy MAC? Every month, I think, to look at the Limited Editions & get things I want, but not REALLY need, like another blush color or so. And then, anytime something like a concealer is empty and I need a backup.
5) Do you sell off any of it? If I don't use it. Sure. Sold 2 l/s to a friend.
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? Just the "beginner enthusiasm" stopped ...but I still adore MAC!

juicy415

1) How big is your collection?
Ill say small

First I bought my first mac which is a lipglee then I have been collecting since the Barbie collection came out

Uhh no.. but I buy stuffs that I think I would use

When a collection comes out, but sometimes I pass it

Going to cause of buying on online instead of trying it in the store

Sometimes

VintageAqua

Probably on the medium to large side. Mostly eyeshadows and lipstick. Those are my addictions.

I bought my first mac lipgloss when I was 13 but didn't really get into makeup again until about 3 years ago.

I try to plan ahead based on collections I like.

I'll usually wait for collection launches.

Once in a great while for items I never use but usually I keep/use it.

More like color ruts than losing interest. I'll sometimes wear similar looks in a week.

miss sha

30 e/s
2 pigments
1 pre-made quad
5 blushes
6 large compacts (MSFs, blot powder, MSFN)
9 l/gs
3 l/s
2 f/l
Concealer and foundation

3 e/s palettes and 1 blush palette although none of them are completely filled

February 2009, so about 6 months.

Not really. I just consider what's in my cart and wonder if it's a little too much for what my income is at the time. Generally I think I'd have to stop myself if I tipped $300.
lol.gif

So far I've been waiting for when collections come out/sales. I'll sometimes visit my local CCO, maybe about once a month or so. I'm not too interested in the fall collections, so that's when I want to work on building up my perm items. There's a MAC store really close to where I go to school so I'll try and go there and get lots of perm e/s, l/g, etc whenever I get some padding in my bank account.

No, I don't think I would. You never know when you might use something!

After being on a crazy buying frenzy since February, I think it's a good thing that my interest is starting to wane, although that might be because I'm broke right now.
lol.gif

Strawberrymold

1) How big is your collection? rough numbers of each product?

My MAC collection is pretty small in ratio to the rest of my stash.
40 pigments, 7 e/s palettes, 10 lippies, 4 blushes, 12 MSF and 10 or so other items. But the rest of my collection is pretty massive. I am not a brand loyalist so I tend to purchase what catches my eye or what would work best for me or my clients... regardless of the brand.

I have been a MUA for about two years and some change. Before that, although I liked the idea of makeup as an art form, I didn’t invest much time or money to it.

No, but I should. I get very impulsive. I like to be on trend and that tends to be the death of me financially.

Once a month maybe. But my purchases tend to be larger.

No. I buy what I like and I always swatch first. I do my research so I don’t end up wasting money.

No. I feel like in the last few years I have finally found my passion. I love what I do and I intend to go with it as far as it will take me.

GlamQueen21

1) How big is your collection? 3 eyeliners, 7 MSFs, 82 eyeshadows (includes the 15 eyeshadow palette, both HK palettes, trios, quads, and MES), 50 lip products, 7 blushes, 2 mascaras, 1 Fix+, 1 Fix+ Rose, 5 beauty powders, 2 pressed powders, 3 full size brushes, 3 SE brushes, 1 glitter eyeliner, 1 nail lacquer, 2 shadesticks, 4 paint pots, 2 fluidlines, 1 Mineralize Blush, 12 pigments and 4 reflects glitters.
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? I've been collecting MAC for a year and I was 20 years old.
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? Most of the time I spend more than I should save. I did it once for the Hello Kitty collection and will try to do it again for the Holiday collections.
4) How often do you buy MAC? When there is a new collection, I buy what I really want or else it'll be once every two weeks.
5) Do you sell off any of it? No
No, I will never lose interest in MAC.

Cinci

this is embarassing... I hope noone I know sees it haha

1) How big is your collection? 3 Brow Products, 130 Eye Products, 63 Face, 40 Lips, 45 Tools
2) How long have you been collecting and what age did you start at? 2 was years this summer.. although after I got my first MAC, it took me about 6 or 7 months after that to buy anymore more.. so I I would say a year and a half is a bit more accurate..
3) Do you give yourself a budget each time? rarely!
4) How often do you buy MAC? 1-2 times a week
5) Do you sell off any of it? nope
6) Have you ever lost interested or feel as though you are losing it? I gotta admit, sometimes I look at my makeup and think to myself "WTF?!? What the hell am I thinking?!?!" but then i go online and see something else thats pretty and i change my mind.