For the makeup addicts- How did your friends and family react?

allthingsglam

OMG MarieMary. I get the same reaction. "You have too much makeup Sam. How could you possibly need more?" I LOVE MAKEUP! A lot of times it's not about "needing" it, but "wanting" it. Some things you gotta have. And replace often, such as foundation. I have my HG foundation and powder. The loose powder I use is Armani and I love it but I do cringe when I drop $50 on it. But they give you a lot of product so it lasts awhile. Since MAC discontinued my fave loose powder, I decided to try Armani and it's a damn good product. Also, my new HG primer is from Tarte. So I will be buying that and my UD setting spray regularly. When they say I don't need things I think of things I WANT like another blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, etc. But I am really a makeup junkie. I do enjoy trying new products. I'm also a beauty product junkie. I'm talking skincare products too. I have a whole skincare beauty cabinet filled. It's my thing. Some don't get our love of all things beauty. But we all have our things we collect, right? For my husband, it's old school pinball machines or vintage cars he likes to fix up. For my mom, she loves funky sneakers. So let makeup addicts have our thing, I say.   :)
i agree 100 percent

geeko

I feel u. Many of my relatives just don't get it why i have 300 over blushers and dunno how many eyeshadows... and keep grumblin @ me not to buy so much, but they jus don't understand. And i have this aunt that keeps hinting to me which stuff and i m not using and that i can give to her. It annoys me ....

allthingsglam

I feel u. Many of my relatives just don't get it why i have 300 over blushers and dunno how many eyeshadows... and keep grumblin @ me not to buy so much, but they jus don't understand. And i have this aunt that keeps hinting to me which stuff and i m not using and that i can give to her. It annoys me ....
I know right I never had my family ask me for makeup but I usually am the one who will give it to them because I know right away if I'm not going to like it and I just give it to my daughter but my beloved items hands off lol

Amby79

My family is full of shopaholics, so I don't get too much grief....actually none from the women. My brother just laughs about the makeup. We all have an abundance of shoes, clothes or jewelry etc. Lol I got it from them technically :-D

SleepingBeauty

My friends are okay with it, even though I think they get quite annoyed when I drag them to MAC or into Douglas (which is kinda our German Sephora... but only kinda). Everyone's got their own addictions. A friend of mine, who thinks I wear too much makeup and spend too much money on it, spends all of her money on lingerie which is a thing I don't really get - but hey, it's her money and who am I to judge her?
My family... well, they are certainly not okay with my addiction. The thing is that I still live at home, so they are able to peek into my drawer or notice it when I get a delivery. When they annoy me I just point out that my mother is obsessed with flowers, my father with books and my brother with cigarettes (which is way worse than makeup, at least in my opinion).
So - I'll just continue enjoying my makeup and don't give a fudge what the others say.
sigh.gif

Latest posts