For the NC45's

neitza

Just came out of lurking to reply to this post. Now I know which brands/colors to look for in new foundations- I also wear MUFE 173, but looking for others. Can't get mine from Prescriptives anymore. Thanks!

MrsFen

So happy I found this thread! I posted this in another thread but would like to re-post here as well. I was originally matched as an NW43 many years ago. A few years later I was re-matched as an NC45. I know that MUA's tend to match a lot of WOC as NC45, so I am wondering if this is my true color. Sometimes it does come out ashy in pics and sometimes. As far as what other MAC shades I like: For blush: Sweet as Cocoa and Love Joy Eyeshadow: Patina, Woodwinked Lip Glass: Lovechild

neitza

Yes my color (antelope) was just restocked but only in the virtual skin (sheer coverage) formula. I normally wore the oil free coverage. I picked up Chanel foundation in Beige Amber last week and I love it. I also have MUFE in 173. At least I have backups now.

MrsFen

Went to a MAC store again to get my foundation matched...the lady thinks I am more of an NW43 in studio fix powder
sigh.gif
. I always get either NC45 or NW43.
noworry.gif
Maybe I am neutral...

Phillykae

Hey girls! Great thread!

MAC SFF: NC44/N45
MAC SF POWDER: NC45
MAC STUDIO TECH NC44
MAC MSF: Dark
MAC BLOT: Dark
MAC F&B: C6
MAC MATCHMASTER: 7

MUFE HD: 173
MUFE full cover concealer: 12

L'oreal true match: W7

Revlon Nearly Naked: 260 caramel or Toast

Benefit Hello flawless Oxygen wow: "I'm so glamber" AMBER
Benefit Boi-ing industrial concealer: 03 (for under eyes)
Benefit Erase Paste: 02 (for under eyes)

Sephora mineral loose powder foundation: Mat tan 45
Sephora perfecting cover foundation: Mat tan 40

Gosh Cover me up Makeup mousse: 08 Almond

Hard candy glamoflauge concealer: Tan (for under eyes- very light)

I think I've covered all my foundations and concealers haha

tayawells

I am a NC 45 and I used a orange corrector and then my concealer to highlight in nc42. It really seemed to help. It helped to mute out the darkness.

sagehen

http://www.specktra.net/t/133618/nc-45-is-the-craziest-shade http://www.specktra.net/t/177781/estee-lauder-double-wear

Greenbelt

I have recently started wearing makeup again. My daughter introduced me to M.A.C. makeup and I am lovin' it!!!! I am just shy of my 54th birthday and am combating wrinkles and sagging skin (especially around the eyes and corners of my mouth). I live in an extremely hot and humid coastal city in India so I like to wear waterproof makeup. I must remember to get some quality makeup remover.

Here is a list of the makeup I have purchased so far.... (It is all M.A.C. except where noted.)

Mineralize concealer NC45
Zoom Waterfast Lash Black
Superslick Liquid eyeliner Defiantly Feline (a bit too sparkly/frosted for everday wear)
Fluidline Rich Ground (again shines too much)
Eyeshadow Nocturnelle Frost (nice matte plum colour)
Powerpoint Eye Pencil PermaPlum (I love this)
Amplified Lipstick Morange (I tone this down by starting with a base of the plum lipliner)
Amplified Lipstick Passion (same thing here if I want to tone down the intensity for day wear)
Lip Pencil Plum (more or less my natural lip colour)
Garnier BB Cream (moisturizer, sunscreen and a tint)

MissTT

So interesting to use plum w/ the orange lipstick. Do you fill your entire lips w/ liner or do you just line and softly fade in?

Greenbelt

I line then fill in the outer edges my lips and fade the rest in. I was going to get a brick red or brownish lip liner, but the store person suggested this plum shade. *shrug*

Latest posts