Formal Black Satin Taupe Different Than Original?

roxybc

I just got my Formal Black Smokey eye palette, and I was admiring the pretty brown color in it. Then I remembered that Satin Taupe was supposed to be in the palette, but this version of Satin Taupe looks very different from the others that I have (I have 3 other Satin Taupes) which are more brown in color, this version is lighter and almost has peach/pink flecks in it. It's very pretty though, I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone else noticed.

I tried to take a pic to compare them, but it didn't really turn out.

Formal Black version is on the left.

564793.jpeg

HOTasFCUK

Hmmmm i notice the difference! I'd like to know as well because i keep saying i'm going to buy satin taupe and i still haven't & then i said i'll just get it with the holiday palette but now they look like 2 different eyeshadows!

enka

Satin Taupe is my No 1 HG e/s, but I don't see a difference beetween the e/s at your pic...

Do you realy think, that there is a noticable difference ?
Juste asking, I havn't seen them allready...

Ada

I have the regular Satin Taupe & the Formal Black version and I had definitely noticed a difference! I'm glad I'm not the only one?

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by enka
Satin Taupe is my No 1 HG e/s, but I don't see a difference beetween the e/s at your pic...

Do you realy think, that there is a noticable difference ?
Juste asking, I havn't seen them allready...

Yeah, there is definitly a noticable difference when you see them in person, I can never take good pictures of my makeup, so it's really hard to tell in that pic.

n_j_t

I see the difference too--I got the palette last week, and was wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem as shimmery and the application isn't as smooth, at least to me.

HOTasFCUK

So which one do you guys think is better? I'm assuming the original one would be and now i'm thinking i'm really going to have to pick it up this week! But i'd love to see some more swatches comparing the two!!!

JAMy590

I also noticed that the satin taupes are different and I own 3 - 1 orginal, 1 from smoked eyes, and 1 from the trend holiday palette 05'. The original one looks the darkest and the smoked eyes looks the lightest.

Carmell

It wouldn't surprise me if they really are different. In 2004, I got the holiday e/s pallette with Shale in it. And this year I got the Catherine D. Laze quad which also has Shale. The Shale in the holiday pallete has more sparkle in it and the quad is almost more matte. Not a full matte but not as much sparkle as the other version. The quad even goes on smoother.

fairytale22

I did some comparison pics and though they seem slightly different they are way too similar to be considered different colors imo...

comp1.jpg

Also did Woodwinked while I was at it for fun, and Cranberry against the red one...
comp2.jpg

giz2000

You have to take into account that the Woodwinked is next to complimenatary colors in the palette...that's what makes it look different than the original (you see what I learned in art class????
rofl.gif
)

BlahWah

I don't have Cranberry, but when I swatched them @ the counter, Limo looked to be more red and sparkly? I was thinking Limo is like Beauty Marked without so much of a black base, and the MA helping me said the same thing. But things might look different under natural/non-MAC-bright lights. =P

glittergoddess27

I actually agree with Blahwah,.. Limo is not really as reddish as Cranberry. when applied it had a darker tone where Cranberry goes on a shimmery. More like a reddened Beauty Marked definitely.