Formal event coming up, need makeup ideas

Luna Selene

Hello!

I have a formal event coming up in a couple weeks, and I have no idea what to do in terms of makeup.

I'll be wearing this gown:

82_1_b.JPG

And I'm an NC20 with light brown hair with golden highlights and brown eyes.

Usually I'd put confidence in my own skills or go to a counter, but for this particular look I don't really want anything too bold, but I don't want neutrals either. I'd like something soft and princess-like, so there can be some color involved but I don't want it to overpower the dress. Something classy that can be worn to a ball, so to speak.

I'd appreciate recs for eyes (base, shadow, and liner, when applicable), cheeks (as I own maybe three blush pans, and I can always use more blush) and lips.

Thanks so much in advance!

PS - don't be afraid to reccommend looks with LE colors, especially if they're blues. I have several LE blue shadows and pigments and if I don't have them, I can probably track down samples or used pans. Same with lip colors. Thanks again!

saniyairshad

I think a very light sky blue e/s and navy blue eyeliner on top of ur lids and on ur lower lashline would look gorgeous. and a subtle blush and make sure u put some white e/l inside ur waterline to really open them up and make ur eyes look brighter and a pale pink gloss and TONS OF LIGHTSCAPADE MSF or any pearly highlighter would look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING...you'll be the belle of the ball
winks.gif

Hawkeye

I think- that you need to proceed with caution using makeup with this dress- why? The dress is beautiful!

What I would recommend- use a pearly white eyeshadow as a highlight (MAC Vanilla Pigment) or a pearly pink (Seedy Pearl) and then use a nice pink from lashline to crease (MAC Girlie, MAC etc)
and then use a black eyeliner (liquid) and do a cats eye with it.
Use a lot of mascara

NOW on the bottom use a navy or a little bit brighter blue e/l and line only on the bottom lashline

The cheeks pink and the lips a nice pink color