Foundation and glasses

Jot

Wasn't sure if this should be in this section or chatter but here goes.

I love my glasses which are thick plastic (As you can see from my pic) however it seems that my foundation also loves them as much as me. I seem to get a horrible foundation build up over the day from my nose to my glasses on the bridge where they sit. Does anyone else get this or am i simply strange?
Also does anyone have any tips of how to avoid it. Do i need to blend my foundation in more or set with a bit more powder on the bridge? It does seem to be worse with some foundations over others.

Any tips would be great or just to find out i'm not alone (i hope ) xx

PomPoko

I get it too!! I think for me it comes from having a fairly oily skin in that area, and the sweat that builds up during the day. Its annoying and a bit icky, but I'm afraid I've no idea how to stop it. I'm interested to see if anyone else comes up with an answer, as I've often been bothered by this.

Also is it just thicker plastic frames that do it? Or do people with glasses with nose pads get it too?

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomPoko
Or do people with glasses with nose pads get it too?

I get it too under the nose pads. It honestly doesn't matter if my skin is very dry or if it is very oily; it will be the same result at the end of the day. I end up having to reaply my fondation. It is completely annoying.

Fairybelle

Try using a different formulation of foundation for that area. I have that problem with sunglasses, and the only foundation that will stay on is a long-wearing, transfer-resistant foundation. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation around my nose, upper cheeks (drugstore alternative: Revlon Colorstay). You can then blend the rest of your regular favorite foundation in all other parts of your face. This trick works!!

HTH!