Foundation help for a very fair girl!!

hilaryrose

Hey all!

I was in Sephora yesterday swatching foundations like crazy. I'm dying for a liquid or cream foundation (sooo tired of my powder) but I can't seem to find anything that doesn't look super yellow against my skin. I've been told I have pink undertones.

I swatched a ton of brands yesterday and couldn't find ANYTHING. For reference, I swatched Makeup Forever, Laura Mercier, Clinique, Smashbox, and Tarte.

I currently wear Bare Escentuals Original Foundation in 'Fair.'

Should I just get MAC? If so, which one is best? Or is there somewhere else I can look?

I'm going to post one or two pictures of me so you can get an idea of my skin colour.

Inside (with flash)

Inside (no flash)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

heidik

i second colorstay... i too am very fair actually mac nw15 is a little too dark for me. i also like estee lauder double wear. i cant remember the shade but i want to say its shell??

Beauty11111

I highly recommend Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation in Alabaster (00), I think it would be a great match for you and it’s a lovely foundation.

blazeno.8

I was having a hard time finding a match that I like and I ended up going to the Perscriptives counter and not only did they have a crazy amount of shades, they could also make shades for the customer if needed. If they don't have your shade on hand, it can be pricey to have it mixed.

hilaryrose

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I went to get the Revlon ColourStay and right when I got it home it went missing and when I found it two days later it had shttered in the bag. I took that as a sign from somewhere up above that I just wasn't meant to have it, and went and grabbed Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 which is a little too yellow for me if I don't apply it lightly, but I've found that a dash of Oh So Fair over it fixes that up in a jiffy.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!!

*JJ*

try illamasqua! that's the first brand i've tried that actually had a foundation that was too light for me (N10). seriously, their lightest shade is basically sheet white.