Foundation help, please!?!?!?

alysia56

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place; maybe it should go into "Recommendations." But I chose this forum because MAC just isn't doing it for me. I still LOVE MAC, don't get me wrong. I'm just frustrated.

Basically, I have very oily skin. I shine like crazy by about 11:30 every day and end up redoing my make-up about 1/2 way through the day nearly every day of the week (when I'm working). This is insanity!

I currently use Studio Fix powder. I kind of require a powder foundation due not only to the oiliness of my skin, but the fact that I'm a very busy woman (work full time, have child, etc.) and don't have the time or patience to deal with a liquid foundation followed with powder. I also can't use MAC's Oil Control Lotion as it breaks me out like crazy.

Also, I've tried blotting with MAC Blot Powder throughout the day, but it just...I don't know....doesn't work right. I've tried blotting with the puff and dusting with a brush, and it just ends up making me look weird.

Long story short, I'm very much ready to move on to a new and different powder foundation. I'm thinking LORAC, but $35 is a lot to spend on foundation that I'm not sure of. I've also heard decent things about MUFE's powder foundation, too. The thing is, I need GOOD coverage that will last for at least a majority of the day even through the Phoenix heat and my shininess (which I'm sure has plenty to do with the weather) but is also safe for acne-prone skin.

ALSO (one more thing), Bare Minerals is NOT an option. I'm one of the few girls out there who hates it the most of all things because of what it did to her skin.

Any help or recs would be very much appreciated. I'm lost right now. Thanks so much!

KimmyAnn_678

What is your skin care regime? The only way I was ever able to get rid of my extreme oiliness was to find a good skin care program that worked for me
smiles.gif
Including a cleanser for oily skin, toner with mattifying powder in it, chemical exfoliator, mattifying lotion and a good skin primer along with clay masks, exfoliating scrubs a couple times each week.

alysia56

Thanks for asking, KimmyAnn! I actually recently found a skin care regime that made me happy with my skin for the first time in my life. I'm using Jan Marini bioglycolic cleansers (for oily skin in the morning and regular at night, or else I dry up like crazy), followed by C-Esta serum (oil controlling in the AM and regular in the PM), and then a few other things mixed in to fix the premature aging caused by Proactiv and keep my skin clear. Overall, I'm happier with my skin than I ever (REALLY!) imagined I could be. It's not what I'd call "perfect," by any means, but compared to what I dealt with over the last 10 years of my life, I'm doing quite well.

I honestly believe that the heat of AZ has a lot to do with it. No matter how much one tries to mattify and control oil, it can only do so much when you step outside and it's 115 degrees and your forehead and upper lip start sweating within the first 2.5 seconds. You know?

Do you mind if I ask what kind(s) of products you're using?