foundation help

mrschavez89

How do i find out my foundation color? I think i may be a NC45 or NC50 based on the website but not sure.
I live in a small town that has no MAC counters or stores so i can't go ask...

lucia_la_latina

well if you have olivey skin with yellow undertones stick with the NC range
if you have pinky undertones go with the NW range....
45 and 50 are usually aimed at very dark skin (black people, dark asians etc)
I am latina and am NC41 and i would say i have a dark medium skin tone during the winter.
If your not sure, get a foundation with a more sheer coverage that will forgive any mismatching colors, post a picture and we can help you!

AarisZilton

A pic will def help. NC45 to NC50 is a big leap. There are others colors inbetween... maybe one is your concealor color (nc45) and the other is your foundation color (nc50) but I would suggest you go to a cosmetics counter for another store. Estee Lauder owns MAC so ther's got to be some Estee Lauder counter near you. Do you have Macy's Nordstorms, Dillards near you? I would go and get tested by one of the MUA orstop by your CVS or Walgreens and pick up some foundation. What doesn't match or work you can return it no problem with in the given time of purchase. I wouldn't spend $20+ for a MAC foundation if I didn't know my color. So figure out where you fit in as in your undertones and then try elsewhere before you blindly invest in MAC.

AZ

chocolategoddes

Buying your foundation online is like internet dating. You can never be TOO sure what your getting until you meet in person, especially if you're planning to make a serious commitment
:p

I'm just saying it's a bit risky to purchase a foundation without trying it on youself.

elektra513

It also depends on which formula of foundation you choose. For example, you could be NC45 in liquid and NC50 in powder...