Foundation problem - in between colors

vivaciousv1114

I need a little bit of help with my foundation. I was color matched for NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid for my face a while ago and it was ok but it was a bit dark compared to my neck and chest. (It may be my go to for the summer when I get darker.) I went back and was told that my neck is more NC44 but my face is in between colors. I'm using NC44 now which is also ok but it's still a bit light for my face as opposed to NC45 which was too dark. Are there any recommendations for any other product I could try for a better match or a way to make NC44 look more natural on my face? I have combination skin, oily in the t-zone and a little dry on my cheeks. I also need something full coverage because of some lingering acne and acne scars. Any help would be really great. Thanks!

anita22

Personally I always try to match to my neck anyway rather than my face - so that both end up looking the same colour. If the NC44 isn't looking natural on you though, then you could also try blending the 2 shades together to get shade that's in between.

iadoremac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaciousv1114
I need a little bit of help with my foundation. I was color matched for NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid for my face a while ago and it was ok but it was a bit dark compared to my neck and chest. (It may be my go to for the summer when I get darker.) I went back and was told that my neck is more NC44 but my face is in between colors. I'm using NC44 now which is also ok but it's still a bit light for my face as opposed to NC45 which was too dark. Are there any recommendations for any other product I could try for a better match or a way to make NC44 look more natural on my face? I have combination skin, oily in the t-zone and a little dry on my cheeks. I also need something full coverage because of some lingering acne and acne scars. Any help would be really great. Thanks!

Have u tried combining the 2 shades?

jazmatazz

Hi! I am quite often between two shades too and started mixing two foundations to get the perfect color. This is also a good way to use any old foundations that aren't the right color on their own or are perhaps the wrong undertone on their own. Good luck!

YuzuBunny

i'm in between a lot of colours/undertones too. I tend to mix foundations, but another easy trick for if your face makeup is too light, is to add a little bronzer. you don't have to add all over the face, of course. Sometimes having a just a little shadow and contour in the face can make it seem a little darker and more blended with the neck.

either way, i think its better to have a paler face and darker neck, instead of a darker face and paler neck. i think its just more acceptable to the human eye, even though i definitely am in the camp of trying to make it match perfectly for myself
smiles.gif

vintageroses

I don't have that problem at all but i would say like whatever one has said. Mix them!
smiles.gif
i think you should be able to get your perfect colour after a few tries of getting the proportions right!
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

I much prefer to mix my own foundation for color. The only con for me is having to pay twice as much at once... but then again it's twice as much product.

EvoPandaPnay

I was NC40 when I notice It's way to dark when it oxidize I went to the mac counter and rematch me again I took me 5 days to get the perfect match. I tried NC25 thats way to yellow on me then try NC37 a little dark when it oxidize. I tried NC35 its has gray undertone. so I tried NC30 It was little light when apply it after it oxidize it match me also I apply C3 studio fix powder. sometimes combining two foundation will match your skintone. I have to go to two different Mac counter and different make-up artist. I prefer to look for a senior make-up artist. I'm NC40 during summer time and I get lighter on winter/fall/spring