foundation

xiahe

This is like a n00b to makeup question because I've never really worn foundation before aside from a tinted moisturizer...anyway, I've been breaking out lately so I decided to buy a foundation to help cover me up and even my skintone. I bought Clinique Superfit - It's love in my opinion. Anyway, I don't need coverage over my ENTIRE face - mostly just in my cheeks (by my nose) and my forehead because that's where most of my redness occurs. Do a lot of you just apply foundation to where you need it or just all over? I don't like it all over because this stuff accentuates my "smile" lines (or maybe it because the MA put waaaaaay too much powder on my face lol).

Thanks everyone!!!!

mizuki~

If you don't need coverage all over the face, then putting foundation only on the spots where you need it is fine as long as it doesn't look uneven. You can always use concealer and dust a little powder over it to set. IMO, less is better so the natural radiance can shine through
smiles.gif

flowerhead

Just blend it in well on the areas you want to conceal, with a sponge, brush or fingertips. If it's well blended it should look like your skin, then just follow with a light amount of powder (If you're worried about it looking cakey, loose powder applied with a brush looks more natural than pressed.)

Paramnesia

As long as its well blended then you won't need it all over your face. Also for redness try a product like a green powder to neutralize it. A good primer will help too, I use MAC prep + prime and love it.
Also maybe mix a little bit of moisturizer with the foundation for other areas of your face.

In your current situation I use a liquid concealer, well blended with powder to set.