Freelancing for MAC

rociomid

Hey all,

Recently I was shopping at MAC and I bought a couple things. This particular day I had full face makeup, and when I was paying for my products the woman who was helping me asked me if I would be interested in freelancing for the company. I was overjoyed because I have been a MAC customer for a while now, and I have within the past year gotten much more into doing makeup. She told me she liked the way I did my makeup and my personality would make a good fit. So she gave me her name and the email of the woman who is in charge of hiring freelance employees. So I told her that I was self taught, and she said that it didn tmatter. So of course I immediately emailed the woman with my resume. I am not waiting to hear back, but I am wondering if I do get asked for an interview, do I have to know everything about the products at the interview? I am a little nervous because I do get confused with brushes and their uses, and I also do not know all the foundation products. Is there a place where I can read all about MAC products so I have an idea? Thanks for any of the input or suggestions on how I could acquire this position. I would love to get my foot in the door!

xStarryEyedX

Hey all,

Recently I was shopping at MAC and I bought a couple things. This particular day I had full face makeup, and when I was paying for my products the woman who was helping me asked me if I would be interested in freelancing for the company. I was overjoyed because I have been a MAC customer for a while now, and I have within the past year gotten much more into doing makeup. She told me she liked the way I did my makeup and my personality would make a good fit. So she gave me her name and the email of the woman who is in charge of hiring freelance employees. So I told her that I was self taught, and she said that it didn tmatter. So of course I immediately emailed the woman with my resume. I am not waiting to hear back, but I am wondering if I do get asked for an interview, do I have to know everything about the products at the interview? I am a little nervous because I do get confused with brushes and their uses, and I also do not know all the foundation products. Is there a place where I can read all about MAC products so I have an idea? Thanks for any of the input or suggestions on how I could acquire this position. I would love to get my foot in the door!

Hey Hey,
You aren't expected to know everything so don't make yourself too crazy. Of course the more you know the better, but don't go memorizing every single ingredient in every single foundation or anything. Read up on the history of the company, prepare for normal interview questions.. there's also a thread on here where a bunch of people talk about the hiring process read that.
I think you'll do well:)